Sugar Free Day

Options
refuseresist
refuseresist Posts: 934 Member
edited September 2015 in Food and Nutrition
I am making plans to do a sugar free day, here is my menu. Has anyone got any other ideas to add . I could have a protein shake but the one I use has like 1/2 gram sugars but I will probably add that in anyway.

ztf7el5elwbh.png

Replies

• refuseresist
    Options
    It might end up being 2-3 grams of sugar in total and a bit over on fats. Just to get the calories up.
  • refuseresist
    Options
    Can't work out where that 1g of sugars comes from
  • echmainfit619
    echmainfit619 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Cheese has lactose. Lactose is a sugar.
  • refuseresist
    Options
    I have taken out the cheese, butter and rice.
  • refuseresist
    Options
    MAybe I can have some rice if only a little bit.
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    What is the point of this?
  • refuseresist
    Options
    I just wanted to see if I could have no sugars at all. It would be easier if I ate meat I suppose
  • ilovecereal1982
    ilovecereal1982 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Ugh...I totally wanted to do this and was committed this morning...until...I put my coffee creamer in my coffee..and I was like DANG...So then I am like, ok ok one misstep...and as I am thinking that here I am dumping a spoon of sugar in my coffee...fail. Started with determination..finished with...well..probably a cavity.
  • refuseresist
    Options
    I don't think this is possible you know
  • refuseresist
    Options
    :/ oh well
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    If you eat any veggies you will get at least a little sugar. I tend to get lots of sugar from just veg, which is why I don't think no sugar (as opposed to no added sugar) is all that healthy.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    What's the point? Sugar doesn't make you fat, too many calories makes you fat. Removing sugar from your diet is futile.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    This is silly.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,910 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to see if I could have no sugars at all. It would be easier if I ate meat I suppose

I'm sure you COULD. A better question is if you SHOULD.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I do this every week or so, but it's not purposeful. I eat vLCHF, and some days just end up being more carnivorous than others. I"ve done it, but I was eating meat.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options

If you want an absolute zero sugar day - don't eat anything for one day! Eat normally the day before and normally the day after, but for 24hr just drink water.

Problem solved.

Good luck.

• refuseresist
    Options
    Oh well I won't worry about it then if its not useful to do
    Thanks
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,910 Member
    Options
    How about trying a zero added sugar day?
  • refuseresist
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I thought I was doing that anyway. I think I need to switch to pitta bread and I'll be added sugar free. I think :s There's a couple of things I've been having at evening meal that has added sugar - I'm going to stop those. But its about 1-2 grams for those things.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    I thought I was doing that anyway. I think I need to switch to pitta bread and I'll be added sugar free. I think :s There's a couple of things I've been having at evening meal that has added sugar - I'm going to stop those. But its about 1-2 grams for those things.

Why does it matter?