The scale!!!

Options
Good morning! Does the scale intimidate you? If not, how often do you weigh yourself?

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily. I have a Fitbit Aria scale, so it gets logged daily as well. My Fitbit account is linked to trend weight which smooths out the daily fluctuations so I can see exactly what's happening with my weight.

Examples:
    9ac7yhghwns7.jpg
    oir0tli1f9xq.jpg
    m1wtrz9c7ajk.jpg

3.JPG 39.7K
    2.JPG 42.6K
    1.JPG 73.4K
  • chollands29
    chollands29 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    haha I'm such a nerd I love the graphical rogress reports! I wish myfitnesspal smooth it out as well. Although it is still interesting to see the trend.
  • chollands29
    chollands29 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday. It motivates me, even if it goes up slightly, although I prefer down obviously. I feel like it reminds me to eat healthy and not slack.
    If I have a jump, because of eating out the day before, I just tell myself its water weight from salt and normally it is and balances out a day or two later.
  • Azuriaz
    Azuriaz Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    I still have a couple pounds of water weight on me. That will go in a few days, and when it does the scale will become my sworn enemy. I will wail every morning, 4 oz? Are you kidding me? And resist the urge to throw the stupid thing in the garbage or through a wall.
  • djc0821
    djc0821 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I don't rely on a scale to gauge success or failure. I depend on how I feel and how my clothes are fitting. When I go to the doctor and they insist I get on the scale, I look the other way and request they don't tell me what it says. For many years, I let the number on that scale determine how I felt about myself, but finally realized it was causing too much stress.
  • Monroe121
    Monroe121 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I do not like the scale as well, but I do weigh myself occasionally to see what it MAY possibly be. I've learned to NOT weigh myself often, because I start to focus on NUMBER and NOT health benefits!
  • Monroe121
    Options
    This is awesome~!
    djc0821 wrote: »
    I don't rely on a scale to gauge success or failure. I depend on how I feel and how my clothes are fitting. When I go to the doctor and they insist I get on the scale, I look the other way and request they don't tell me what it says. For many years, I let the number on that scale determine how I felt about myself, but finally realized it was causing too much stress.

• Monroe121
    Options
    Hhahaha I've had the urge to thrown it against the wall myself.
    Azuriaz wrote: »
    I still have a couple pounds of water weight on me. That will go in a few days, and when it does the scale will become my sworn enemy. I will wail every morning, 4 oz? Are you kidding me? And resist the urge to throw the stupid thing in the garbage or through a wall.

• amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    I weigh myelf every morning, but it is mostly habit at this point and I don't let it intimidate me. I know that weight fluctuates every single day, but I like seeing the number and knowing I'm staying on track.