Elliptical

Options
I've been getting know the elliptical for 40-45 mins, I've lost maybe 7 pounds from it. I though it would make my calves smaller but they've gotten bigger or just look bigger but toned?

Replies

• fitrep1
    fitrep1 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    mzleah12 wrote: »
    I've been getting know the elliptical for 40-45 mins, I've lost maybe 7 pounds from it. I though it would make my calves smaller but they've gotten bigger or just look bigger but toned?

They may have gotten bigger but that's not a bad thing. When you are on, just make sure you
    are not leaning forward and try to keep your foot flat as you can. If you are on your toes, it will focus on the calf.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    if anything, you're just shedding some fat which exposes the muscle...you aren't going to put on any significant muscle mass with an elliptical.
  • jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Were your calves fatty to begin with, or were they pretty muscular or solid?
    If you were not able to pinch much fat on your calves before starting, odds are your calves were not going to shrink much, if at all. Plus, the elliptical does work your legs, which might also be a factor.

I guess without knowing too much about your "before" status or your genetics (yes, genetics play a factor too), I really can't offer too much assistance.