Kickstarted my healthy lifestyle

Options
Hey there! I'm Mark.
A friend of the family started Herbalife and lost 50 lbs. I was pretty impressed so I thought I'd talk to him.

Turns out he's a fitness coach now. I signed up, lost 4 lbs my first few days. That made my wife and I decide to take it a step further, and here I am, counting calories, eating healthy (the last of our unhealthy leftovers called to me, I resisted lol).

I'm currently at 215 lbs and want to drop to 180. My wife is 175 and wants to get to 135.

Replies

• Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    Hiyah Mark, so have you given up the Herbalife now you have joined this site?
    I do enjoy their bootcamps, but there is nothing they can do to convince me to buy their products.
  • MarkChandra
    MarkChandra Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    No I've recently started with them. I've no experience with getting in shape beyond just exercise. I've never really paid attention to food before, but getting out of my 20s has shown me that's not really working for me.

I'm not going nuts with their stuff, just shake mix.
    Have you had a negative experience with them? What's the boot camp?
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    Luckily for me I found this site. I was going to join slimming world and I found the MFP app. After following lots of posts on forums I realised I just need to watch what I eat and exercise and it worked. I am still here just to keep focus.

Few months back I met some people exercising in the park, spoke to them turns out they are selling herbal life. I join them in the park when I can as the sessions have been really good. I made it clear to my coach I am not interested in buying the product and so far she really hasn't harassed me

I can't afford it, I dont trust what's in it, I have a good appetite so a shake will not do it, and most importantly the product is not necessary to lose weight.

Stick around here, log your intake and you will do it.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,568 Member
    Options
    To the OP: ANY PROGRAM will work if you stick to it with a CALORIE DEFICIT. As you mentioned, regardless of the program, it comes down to the calories at the end of the day. If you're in deficit, you lose weight. If you're in surplus you gain.
    Many programs are just basically disguising calorie deficit in a shake or eating program, but the truth is that anyone can do calorie deficit for free. You just have to eat less than you burn. And you can do that with foods you actually like without paying and extra fee.
    If Herbalife is something you want to do, then go for it. Just remember that any program should be something you can do for life or else it's probable for weight regain to happen again.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png