Best Activity Tracker for SMALL Wrists

I ordered a FitBit HR Charge and was so excited to receive it. However, I've very small wrists and even with the small it doesn't fit well. To clarify. due to the size and inflexibility of "the face", I'm not sure it would even accurately get readings on me. Also, it looks silly and I want to wear it all the time (I look like a small child wearing her grandfather's watch). If you are aware of something that's smaller with the same functionality, or one that's large but fits the coutours of a small wrist better, please share.

Replies

• deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    I have super tiny wrists and use the fitbit flex on the smallest setting of the small band. It worms fine and isnt as bulky as the Charge.
  • kimbulie
    kimbulie Posts: 20 Member
    Actually, I made the band tighter and I probably will get a good reading but, it's not as comfortable as I'd like it to be due to make it tight so the "sides" bend a little and curve around my wrist.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    I agree that the small Flex is pretty small.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    There is also the fitbit one which you can wear on your waistband or on your bra. There are also necklaces designed to hold the fitbit flex.
  • Pawsforme
    Pawsforme Posts: 645 Member
    edited September 2015
    kimbulie wrote: »
    Actually, I made the band tighter and I probably will get a good reading but, it's not as comfortable as I'd like it to be due to make it tight so the "sides" bend a little and curve around my wrist.

I think the sides are supposed to stick out a bit. At least that's how mine is. I wear a small and buckle the strap about halfway (which is still a bit loose, as the directions say it should be worn). When I look down my arm I can see gaps on each side of my wrist/arm due to the device/strap being a bit stiff. In other words, the band doesn't complete conform to the contours of my arm/wrist. The gaps are big enough that I can easily put my pinkie finger through them. But the Charge HR seems to work just fine. I've had mine for about seven weeks or so and have found no reason to doubt the accuracy of the readings.

FWIW, mine has gotten more comfortable over time.
  • kimbulie
    Thanks all, appreciate the feedback. :)
  • canary_girl
    canary_girl Posts: 366 Member
    I like my Polar HRM. It's a chest strap and wrist watch-type monitor. I know it's not an "activity tracker" in the sense that it counts your steps, but it's been invaluable to me to monitor my progress heart rate and calorie-wise. Besides, I find the FitBit to be a little misleading. Sitting on the couch it told me I was taking steps every time I moved my arm.
  • WakkoW
    WakkoW Posts: 567 Member
    I love the Fitbit, but think that the one which is supposed to monitor heart rate is a waste of money. I use a heart rate strap for training purposes only (when running and want to make sure my heart rate is below a certain rate).

Tracking your heart rate all day long serves no purpose.

I have both the Flex and the One.
  • kimbulie
    I'm really looking for accurate calorie burn which I thought the HR Charge would provide.
  • WakkoW
    WakkoW Posts: 567 Member
    I think the fitbits are good overall for tracking activity and estimating calorie burn (at least in my case it is).

But anything is an estimate. The only way to be sure what you are burning is to carefully monitor your weight and and caloric intake. While they are sold as calorie counting machines, heart rate monitors aren't really made for counting calories.