Check my diary?

Options
If someone has time would you mind just looking through my food and exercise diary and tell me what you think? My MFP food log only started a week ago!! I'm trying to lose 1-2 pounds per week. Would be much appreciated.

Replies

• jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I'd love to, but your diary is closed.

Go to Food -> Settings and select "Public" under Diary Sharing.
  • RoyBeck
    RoyBeck Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Done mate!
  • jonnythan
    Options
    First thing that jumps out at me is your low protein goal. You should be shooting for 1 gram of protein per lb of lean body mass (about 2.2 grams per kg of lean body mass).

What's your height/weight?

I see an entry in your exercise log for 681 calories burned in 48 minutes of treadmill. That's over 850 calories per hour, which is pretty impossible. Where did you get that number? Is it from the treadmill? Did you put in your weight? How fast were you running/how far did you run in those 48 minutes?
  • RoyBeck
    Options
    Height 5ft10 weight 248 lbs.

On treadmill I input my weight at 113k and select 10.5 incline with a speed of 5.3 kph. The machine says that burns 1000 cals per hour so I go by that. It can't give out false info surely??
  • RoyBeck
    Options
    Also I haven't set any of my goals for food MFP has set everything that you can see target wise. Would you adjust them?
  • PhattiPhat
    PhattiPhat Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Also I haven't set any of my goals for food MFP has set everything that you can see target wise. Would you adjust them?

Most definitely adjust them. MFP has a low target set for protein so I would at least double it to 30%. Also, I would recommend eating closer or slightly over your target calories. Having a bigger deficit doesn't necessarily equate with losing more weight. If anything you are at a higher risk of not getting enough nutrients and feeling like poopoo in the long run. Good luck on your journey!
  • jonnythan
    Options
    Your calorie goal looks fine.

Burning 1000 calories in an hour is incredibly hard. 3.3 mph for an hour at 10% incline isn't going to cut it. I'd suggest you knock 30-40% off the treadmill numbers when you enter them here.

You should be getting somewhere in the neighborhood of 125-140 grams of protein a day. You can adjust your MFP goal if you want, or you can just keep an eye on daily protein total and make sure you get that much. MFP adjusts your protein goal up as you gain calories from exercise which IMO is silly. Just make sure you getting 120+ grams of protein every day.
  • RoyBeck
    Options
    Thanks Phatti!
  • RoyBeck
    Options
    Johnny you just said in my other thread that the calories burnt on a treadmill is pretty accurate!!!! :)

I take on board what your saying though buddy. 120g of protein ok that sounds fine.
  • whitecapwendy
    whitecapwendy Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I would increase fruits and veggies (at least 5 a day) and whole grains. Forgot to look at your water. Drink lots of water (like half your body weight in ounces.
  • RoyBeck
    Options
    Interesting but thank you. If you see my diary I did start off eating maybe 2/3 a day but noted the sugar levels so cut back. I've read my so many ppl on here though not to worry about sugar from fruits so will up it again.
  • whitecapwendy
    whitecapwendy Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Interesting but thank you. If you see my diary I did start off eating maybe 2/3 a day but noted the sugar levels so cut back. I've read my so many ppl on here though not to worry about sugar from fruits so will up it again.

if you do fruits and veggies and not the fruit juices, the fiber will stabilize your sugar levels in your body. It is the sugar in processed food, starches and desserts that are the problem.
  • lisadlocks
    lisadlocks Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    If you are concerned about your sugar levels from fruits, eat low glycemic fruits like blueberries and strawberries. You can also increase your veggies. But veggies also have sugar content as well. Especially when eaten in high volume. But your fiber intake will more than double! I eat very little fruit but huge amounts of veggies! A Heart Rate Monitor can help you accurately track calories if you are so inclined to invest in one. Just plug HRM into Search and lots will come up.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    Stop logging sugar and sodium.

Log fiber instead. Fiber actually matters. Sugar and sodium don't.