Over 50

Options
I have not been over weight all my life. It has just been in the past 5 years brought on by menapause..

I was previously on a doctor supervised VLCD and never learned the full "plan," because I lost my medical benefits.

When I received new benefits, I thought about doing it again - but even with benefits it would have cost me $6,000 for 6 months. So I decided to remodel my kitchen instead. Lol

I have lost 42 pounds on my own so far. I have recently bumped my calories up from 800 to 1000. I stumbled onto the Practitioners Guide to OptiFast. According to their program, I would be in the Transition Phase - meaning I could have 1 fruit and 1 yogurt in addition to my 2 meal replacements and a 400 calorie dinner of lean meat and fish and veggies.

My BMI is slightly below 30. I am slowly integrating walking into my exercise. Ideally, I increase my calories to 1200 when my BMI is below 25 and eventually graduate to 1400 calories while increasing exercise.

I am focusing on nutrient dense foods and vitamin supplements.

I just need friends who will not judge my path; however will be willing to share what has helped them along in their weight loss journey.