flatter tummy

What can i do for my lower stomach? Other than sit ups

Replies

• PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    For a flatter tummy, you'll need to make sure your diet is on point. That saying "Abs are made in the kitchen" is true if a little annoying! Crunches, planks - anything core related are good in general but make sure you are getting a good overall body work-out, so some good bouts of cardio and some strength training too. I'd say, continue with the calorie counting and you'll see results!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    No exercise will give you a flatter stomach as you cannot spot reduce fat. What you will want to do is eat at a deficit, get enough protein, and take part in a progressive strength training program... The reason, the caloric deficit will cause you to lose weight, the strength training and protein will help retain the muscle you already have which means most of your loss will come from fat, eventually, depending on genetics for how fast, you will lose the fat in your stomach area.
  • dannywallis
    dannywallis Posts: 5 Member
    edited September 2015
    All the advice on this page is excellent and physically seeing your abs is indeed a process that happens in the kitchen and with a balance of cardio and strength based exercises. However, the best diet in the world won't condition and strengthen your core muscles, for that you need specific ab exercises.
    Hope you find it useful.
  • Vzqz2012
    Vzqz2012 Posts: 7 Member
    Thanks for the advice guys