Autumn 2015

Options
PurringMyrrh
PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
1:22AM (PST) tomorrow! Yaaaaaaay!

Does anyone else have the major fall love? Any silly seasonal traditions?

We always toast the season when it arrives, take a tree drive to see what's changing colors, and start adding fresh ground cinnamon to the brewing coffee grounds (allspice and nutmeg go in once winter starts).

I'm super stoked!
tumblr_mtiervHKQd1qdlh1io1_400.gif

Replies

• synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    Yay I love fall!!! I've had a fall wreath on the door for like two weeks already. Time for lots of cinnamon and comfy sweaters
  • PurringMyrrh
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    Yay I love fall!!! I've had a fall wreath on the door for like two weeks already. Time for lots of cinnamon and comfy sweaters
    Haha, I've been trying my hardest not to put up decorations until it was actually here, but saw some great country style stuff when I took a drive the other day! Love it when people put a nice display at the end of their driveway with corn and pumpkins, etc. It really gets me in the mood (for fall, obviously). The boxes of decor are waiting on the porch as well as a big fall flag I just got at a yard sale. Something to look forward to after work!
  • shellbelle0210
    shellbelle0210 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Fall is my most favorite season ever. I make homemade apple butter every fall when the Honeycrisps come out.
  • synchkat
    Options
    I need to get some pumpkins....they are all over the grocery store. Yay. The leaves are all changing too... I love fall colours.
  • PurringMyrrh
    Options
    Fall is my most favorite season ever. I make homemade apple butter every fall when the Honeycrisps come out.

I've been scouting all the free apple spots in town in hopes of some butter fixins! Do you find honeycrisp is the best? Mine may end up being a mutt mixture.

I've done pear butter for several years but our tree was unhappy this year. Only 5 pears!
  • AutumnFREESPIRIT
    AutumnFREESPIRIT Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I start planning my trip to Brenkenridge Ski Resort for two weeks of snowboarding!!!!!!
  • PurringMyrrh
    Options
    Beirwagen's farm stand in Chicago Park, CA. (Best cider and apple fritters ever ever ever during October)

2015_09_22_13_46_22.jpg
  • MrsBooBear
    MrsBooBear Posts: 12,619 Member
    Options
    I love the colours of Autumn and that dreamy feel to the world. Ya know, when nature is just starting to drift of to sleep? :smile:
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    Halloween

yes

ok
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options

My FAVORITE time of year, and lots of traditions. First and foremost is being "THAT GUY" about how AMAZING Fall is and pissing people off for being a Fall junkie. I am already getting my Fall decorations out and setup around the house, including buying stuff for Halloween which I start setting up this weekend. I also ALWAYS have leaves and such around, as well as bountiful pics and such. I do a few trips up north to check out the leaves changing...buy good fresh apple cider....start drinking dark and hearty beers....and so much more! Of course, Fall IS HUNTING and HARVESTING food in traditional ways too.
  • Cindy4FunFit
    Cindy4FunFit Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    Yay for fall! Already bought the biggest pumpkin ever; looks disproportionate to my porch. I tend to be a sucker for any seasonal product with fall seasoning...pumpkin spice....etc.
  • PurringMyrrh
    edited September 2015
    Options
    It's heeeeeeeeeeeeere!
    2015_03_28_18_51_32.jpg

Happy fall, y'all!
  • PurringMyrrh
    Options
    Chaelaz wrote: »

My FAVORITE time of year, and lots of traditions. First and foremost is being "THAT GUY" about how AMAZING Fall is and pissing people off for being a Fall junkie. I am already getting my Fall decorations out and setup around the house, including buying stuff for Halloween which I start setting up this weekend. I also ALWAYS have leaves and such around, as well as bountiful pics and such. I do a few trips up north to check out the leaves changing...buy good fresh apple cider....start drinking dark and hearty beers....and so much more! Of course, Fall IS HUNTING and HARVESTING food in traditional ways too.
    So much awesomeness!

And as far as being "that guy", there was this skit on SNL a while back with Josh Brolin being "that guy". Of course SNL sucks and removes anything the second it hits youtube so finding a vid is impossible.

I found the transcript though. :laugh: http://snltranscripts.jt.org/08/08efall.phtml
  • synchkat
    Options
    Yay for fall. Imma gonna make a pot roast today and hunt down some molasses ginger cookies. Yummy!!!!
  • Iscah13
    Iscah13 Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    All of this makes me miss living in the Adirondacks :(
  • PurringMyrrh
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    Yay for fall. Imma gonna make a pot roast today and hunt down some molasses ginger cookies. Yummy!!!!

Thanks! Now I know what I'm making for Saturday's dinner! :drinker:

With The Pioneer Woman's creamy baked mashed potatoes of course...and possibly some roasted squash of sorts. Oh God....consume all the fall goodness!
  • PurringMyrrh
    Options
    So happy...had these around for a month taunting me. Finally can browse with my cinnamon coffee!

2015_09_23_11_51_10.jpg
  • synchkat
    Options
    OMG I love that cake. I want to have a halloween party this year that would be fun.

And it took 3 grocer stores but I got a lovely pot roast that will be going into the oven really soon...yay!!!!
  • Crimson_Fire
    Crimson_Fire Posts: 2,504 Member
    Options
    Happy Fall, y'all!

11jocf7s0cyi.jpg