finding your game

Options
So I'm not sure if this is the place to post this but I'm having a hard time staying on track, it's easy to stay on while I'm working but once I'm out its like it's over and starting again the next day, how do you stick w u to it? what do you do to beat the cravings?

Replies

• cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I had such a routine down when I was working. When I lost my job, it seemed like my schedule just when all to pieces.

The best way I've found to handle cravings has been to increase protein and fiber intake.

With the protein - my sister says she'll go to the store and get a package of chicken and just go home and bake it. That way she can go get a piece of chicken for a snack whenever she wants.

Oscar Mayer just came out with these P3 protein packs (I think that's what they're called) - they have either diced ham, diced chicken or diced turkey, also some nuts (almonds, peanuts, or cashews), and some cubed cheese. LOVE those.

I've also gotten sliced cheese, a tub of almonds, and baked chicken so I can make my own protein snack pack.

As for fiber - try the chocolite protein bars at www.healthsmartfoods.com. They have about 10 g protein and about 10 g fiber. They've really helped me get my fiber in!
  • missy40mfp
    missy40mfp Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thank you , I will do that!