Because We need to Take Care of Ourselves...

Options
SammyLynn010
SammyLynn010 Posts: 293 Member
I was watching a neat craft show that had neat holiday gift ideas... One of the ones that stuck out the most to me was making your own Body Scrubs.. They made theirs out of sugar (which is the recipe I found) but you can use salt and coffee as well. We have to remember as we are taking care of our weight and becoming more healthy we need to make our whole bodies healthy. So I wanted to share this idea with each of you! I am going to make them for my bridesmaids and get cute jars to put their scrub in! Hope you guys try it and give your skin an awesome reward for protecting your body soo much! =D

http://www.ehow.com/how_2118870_own-body-scrub.html

Side note: on the craft show they added food coloring to make it whatever color you might want! So it just adds to the fun and helps it to look even more inviting! This is such a great gift idea!

Replies

• Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: WOW thankyou! A good pampering session works wonders for well being! I have to start using this body - recipe! thanks again
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Wow, this is a good idea. Since my legs have been able to tan (first time in my life!), they've been dry and peeling like crazy. I read a tip in a magazine that said to use an exfoliating cream or wash or something, but I didn't want to use anything harsh with perfumes or chemicals, because my legs will also break out! This sounds like something I could actually do! And since I've been doing South Beach, I have plenty of olive oil and lemon juice hanging around! Thanks so much for the tip! :flowerforyou:
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Nice idea for Christmas gifts, too. Thank you for posting this.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Thanks SammyLynn for sharing a cool idea with the rest of us:flowerforyou: