C-section Mom of 2 - My progress over the past couple years (lots of pics)

Replies

• alowens102
    alowens102 Posts: 2 Member
    Great inspiration! I've had 2 c-sections and I thought it was impossible to lose the tire around my belly. I'm about to get back at it!
  • dusjujr
    dusjujr Posts: 160 Member
    great job
  • filmnerd28
    filmnerd28 Posts: 2 Member
    3m1cuvw5aid1.jpg

My son Charles Nathan tucker-boynton
  • bmayes2014
    bmayes2014 Posts: 232 Member
    Great work! thanks for sharing
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Wow amazing! Love that green dress on you! I know how you feel.. I weighed 208lbs after my second child... now im at 138-140lbs. It's been exactly 6 months today and ive lost 70lbs (yaye!) I have another 15 to go! My weight before my second was 125lbs. :/ now it's friggin hard to see that scale needle move. What was your exercise regime like?

Varied.
    At first it was just walking.
    Then I added wii games . Wii Fit, Gold's Gym Cardio Workout, EA Sports Active 2.0, Your Shape and Just Dance Games.
    When my wii died, I switched to xbox kinect. Just Dance, EA Sports Active 2.0, and Dance Central. I also started Zombies,Run! 5k training.
    After I had my second I did the XTrainFit at Home DVD program followed by Rockin Body.
    After that, I was able to join a gym and started running 2-3 x a week with Stronglifts 5x5 3x a week (cardio and lifting done on alternating days). I did switch from Stronglifts to Ice Cream Fitness 5x5 for the extra lifts.

That's about it. How long I would workout would depend on my mood. Some days it was 10-15 mins and others I go for an hour long walk plus a couple dvd/video game workouts. I'm still like that now in fact. Some days I go for a walk, go to the gym and pop in a dvd workout or 2. It's not that I feel I have to or anything either. Some days I just have a lot of energy and extra workouts help me to get rid of it. There is also days I don't workout because I'm tired or poor planning. So I guess it all balances out.
  • shadow2soul
    edited January 2016
    Thanks everyone for all the nice comments.
    Update pic:
    g3d1r3c1m5wb.jpg
    Still trying to find my maintenance level calories. Trending weight is 122.9 lbs now.
  • shadow2soul
    Some updated pics of me in my new bikini:
    n8auqw9qg8y7.jpg

I will say that I have hit a bit of a snag and need to lose a couple lbs again (granted my trend weight is still about 1 lb less then it was when I posted this thread :tongue: ). It's not much, but my fluctuation range has moved about 4 lbs up and I want to fix that before it gets worse. I switched to Strong Curves at the end of April and started trying to do recomp at the same time. After the switch though I've been having a hard time sticking to my maintenance level calories (eating 2600-3200+ some days). It seems I'm really hungry all the time and I'm not getting enough sleep either. My logging has also been really sloppy. So it's time for me to tighten things up. I'm also going to cut back on the protein since around that time I cut back on my carb intake and upped my protein. We shall see how things pan out.
  • momofamadhouse
    momofamadhouse Posts: 197 Member
    You've done such an amazing job. I started at 277 and it's so inspiring to me to see results from dedication from people people who were similar in stats to mine. You look absolutely incredible! And you are rocking that sweater dress.
  • shadow2soul
    You've done such an amazing job. I started at 277 and it's so inspiring to me to see results from dedication from people people who were similar in stats to mine. You look absolutely incredible! And you are rocking that sweater dress.

• Mandygring
    Mandygring Posts: 704 Member
    Wowwy!!! Hard word well done!
  • shadow2soul
    Mandygring wrote: »
    Wowwy!!! Hard word well done!

Thank You :blush::flowerforyou:
  • pztodd
    pztodd Posts: 102 Member
    Truly inspirational!! Thank you for sharing. I'm still early in the game- started just a few weeks ago and hoping to get below 200lbs in this week's weigh-in. Still another 30 lbs to get to my interim target and seeing success stories like yours really helps. Thanks again. And all the best with your maintenance story
  • marianlyn
    marianlyn Posts: 144 Member
    So inspired! Just had a c-section in December and I'm glad to see someone like me starting at over 200 pounds can get great results! I'm using MyFitnessPal and FitBit, too. Just made it to 197 pounds this morning.
  • rilian924
    rilian924 Posts: 1 Member
    Thank you for posting your story and updated pics!!! I myself have had 2 c-sections (2002,2009) and just started using MFP end of Dec'16. I love seeing before and after, but I know my results won't be what you see in the 5'6-5'7 boards or after baby tummy boards. Seeing your pics is exactly the kind of results I hope to look forward too, giving me a realistic view of what to expect my body might look like after losing weight. Over the years I've always fluctuated between 165-200. I was 192 end of Dec and am down to 180 now. My goal is 135.

Thanks again for posting your success!
  • shadow2soul
    marianlyn wrote: »
    So inspired! Just had a c-section in December and I'm glad to see someone like me starting at over 200 pounds can get great results! I'm using MyFitnessPal and FitBit, too. Just made it to 197 pounds this morning.

Way to go @marianlyn

You can do this.
  • shadow2soul
    rilian924 wrote: »
    Thank you for posting your story and updated pics!!! I myself have had 2 c-sections (2002,2009) and just started using MFP end of Dec'16. I love seeing before and after, but I know my results won't be what you see in the 5'6-5'7 boards or after baby tummy boards. Seeing your pics is exactly the kind of results I hope to look forward too, giving me a realistic view of what to expect my body might look like after losing weight. Over the years I've always fluctuated between 165-200. I was 192 end of Dec and am down to 180 now. My goal is 135.

Thanks again for posting your success!

@rilian924 I'm glad my pics helped. I think you will do great.
  • Shull_rachael
    Shull_rachael Posts: 430 Member
    You look amazing! I can't wait to be where you're at. And I hope my skin looks like yours when I'm done LOL my starting weight was 269. And I haven't lost but a few pounds since then.
  • shadow2soul
    You look amazing! I can't wait to be where you're at. And I hope my skin looks like yours when I'm done LOL my starting weight was 269. And I haven't lost but a few pounds since then.

Thank you :flowerforyou:
    You can do it.
  • amyjeaninga
    amyjeaninga Posts: 36 Member
    You look fabulous, and your story is very inspiring. Thanks so much for sharing it and your progress pictures, it gives me hope that someday I can get to the same level of fitness!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!