Almost Not Obese

Options
Kimegatron
Kimegatron Posts: 772 Member
edited September 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
I am so excited! I'm sure the BMI calculators on the .gov sites aren't 100% accurate, but I don't care! I am only 4.5 pounds away from not being considered obese :D

Replies

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

Nobody is ever as happy to be Overweight as those of us who were Obese. :)
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Awesomeness!!
  • sashayoung72
    sashayoung72 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I was so excited to go from Morbidly Obese to just regular and hope to get to the overweight soon! Congratulations on all the hard work!!!!
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Kimegatron wrote: »
    I am so excited! I'm sure the BMI calculators on the .gov sites aren't 100% accurate, but I don't care! I am only 4.5 pounds away from not being considered obese :D

Very nice!
  • Jmgkamp
    Jmgkamp Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    That was a big deal for me! Congratulations in advance, it's a milestone.
  • Azuriaz
    Azuriaz Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    Congratulations!

Nobody is ever as happy to be Overweight as those of us who were Obese. :)

This!

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    So true. Started at 35 and was very happy to see 29.9. :)
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    It's a nice feeling. I was happy to rid of my obese label
  • unigirl143
    unigirl143 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    So hard to breach that threshold. I remember being so frustrated with that mini goal and it took changing my work and life stress levels to finally drop below. Keep at it!
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Nice work. Keep it up.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Amazing progress! Well done! :)
  • patesq
    patesq Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hoping to follow in your footsteps! I started just shy of morbidly obese (39.6) and am now 2 lbs short of just obese.
  • Stacescotty
    Stacescotty Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I felt relieved when I went from obese to overweight and going from that to normal/healthy weight was even better :) Keep it up!
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Started at 38.7. I know the feels.

I'm not saying the world changes when you're simply "overweight." But it sure seems like doctors started treating the things that were wrong with me and stopped telling me losing weight would solve everything
  • suziecue20
    suziecue20 Posts: 567 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Yaaaay - well done :) I reached the milestone this Monday. My 1lb loss for the week took me from obese to overweight and I am so happy - it is such motivation!!!
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I went from obese to overweight to normal weight and I'm still thrilled every day at my accomplishments even though it's been several years!
    Well done!!!!!
    I'm so happy for you!!!!
  • tcatcarson
    tcatcarson Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I love the positivity of your thread title :)
  • miche173
    miche173 Posts: 50 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I'm with you! In 3 pounds, I will be overweight, and I never thought I'd be so happy to be overweight:). I started at 37.0, now I'm at 30.4. Let's keep pushing!!!
  • dljones67
    dljones67 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Yeay! Congrats! I'm 8 lbs away & so excited. :D It's been about 13 yrs since I've been overweight.
  • Kimegatron
    Kimegatron Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! The last time I was thin, I went through a horrible divorce and didn't eat from stress! I am so happy to be doing this the wrong way! I never thought that I would be happy to get close to "overweight," but it is so much better than being classified as obese! And to think, I had been wanting to ask a doctor for a year for weight loss pills, but was too shy and embarrassed to actually ask! I'm so happy for all of you that are close to it, or accomplished getting to "normal" weight, too!