Active Duty Military pals?

Hey guys, I totally feel like I'm on a dating site right now...but I'm looking for some fellow soldiers, sailors, marines, and airmen to befriend.

I'd like to add a few active duty pals and help each other along the way to whatever your goals may be.

Who better to understand the pressure to pass a PT test? Leaving family and friends as you depart for deployment or a new assignment?

So my story...I'm 28, active duty air force...been in 10 yrs now...medic...PCSing in about 2 wks...been deployed twice, latest one to Africa having returned Jan 2013...my goals? hmmm...lose about 20 lbs...be able to run all 13.1 miles of a half marathon...be able to max my required push up/sit up components of our PT test and to score a 90 or above.

Enough about me....what about you?

Replies

• Emisole
    Emisole Posts: 65
    Hello! AD Airman here. Just coming up on my one-year, still a newbie. Also here for the PT test! That and I gained about 20 pounds at basic training, and now it won't come off, haha.
  • JessekaKing
    JessekaKing Posts: 64 Member
    Hi! I totally gained 8 lbs in basic. The food was so friggin awesome...and the environment was so darn stressful!

Well welcome to the Air force! Whats ur job? How are you liking it so far?
  • Emisole
    Hi! I totally gained 8 lbs in basic. The food was so friggin awesome...and the environment was so darn stressful!

Well welcome to the Air force! Whats ur job? How are you liking it so far?

Thanks! I'm 1N3, ground linguist, so I have yet to go operational, unfortunately :( A lot of people I know have hit their two-year anniversary still in training for linguist, haha. It's some fun. I really, really love it, though.

The food WAS good. It was so carby and delicious that I gained upwards of 19 right after I'd lost 21 on MFP!
  • JessekaKing
    JessekaKing Posts: 64 Member
    With all the training you guys have its going to be a challenge to eat clean and exercise (unless you have mandatory PT) but if you lost it before, you have the heart and courage to lose it again!

WHere's your training at?
  • Emisole
    Out here in Monterey, CA. Luckily I'm off-post so I have control over my diet, and we do have mandatory squadron PT 2-3 times a week (I'll be honest, though, it's useless!) Thank you!