Gym membership is it necessary?

Options
I lived alone now on a different country since 2013 until now is im still having a hard time talking to people not because I don't want to but because I just can't their language is waay too hard for me to learn.. anyway about the gym ive been thinking on signing up on a local gym membership, ive never been in any gym before that's why I'm hesistant and shy .. maybe because too concious to be judge by my weight my weight is currently around 197lbs and im just thinking if signing up on a gym would really help me in losing weight ,. I'm really thinking that i have to start somewhere right?

Replies

• patesq
    patesq Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    It may not be right for everyone but it's been a blessing for me. We joined a gym that's a mile away - I get up in the morning, throw on clothes and am there before I can change my mind. I don't think I'd still be working out (after 2 months) if we hadn't joined.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    For weight loss, you need to start with diet changes. Just going to the gym will not help. Some sort of physical activity would help, and is important for your health regardless of weight, but it is up to you to decide what you feel comfortable with. A daily work or a bike ride or a swim etc will be as good starting points as joining a gym.
  • kryss247
    kryss247 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Nope. lost 100 pounds at home with a paleo diet and "insanity" by Shaun T and also other beach body programs.