Spin classes

Options
Anyone do these? They are great and kick butt , they can burn a lot of calories ! would love to hear from anyone who does it

Replies

• canary_girl
    canary_girl Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I love spin class, I do one every weekday. I average 10/11 calories a minute (according to my HRM, not sure how accurate that is, but...). It's very intense and I get super sweaty and really feel like I worked out. Been spinning for the better part of 12 years now.
  • missy40mfp
    missy40mfp Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I love them and hate them lol I have my own spin bike at home and I signed up for sweat.com and they have tons of classes to join and they add to it weekly so you don't do the same class.
  • Nursie863
    Nursie863 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Oh man I love Spinning! I just started this year, I was doing a drop in class at one of the local gyms about once a week, in addition to my regular exercise.....need to get back into it!! It's soooo motivating!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I prefer cycling outside, but I will spin occasionally in the winter.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I prefer cycling outside, but I will spin occasionally in the winter.

Same here but my tri club runs an indoor riding / spinning program which is a lot of fun (I'm not crazy enough to ride outside in winter but I also use my road bike on the trainer)

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,853 Member
    Options
    Yup, twice a week, for years now. I started it as a winter thing, as an addition to rowing machine, which starts to get Old after a while (not as fun as rowing on the water, so I enjoy having something different a couple days a week in winter). I needed another good cardio activity that my elderly knees (including torn meniscus) would tolerate. I now do it year 'round.
  • missy40mfp
    missy40mfp Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Great !