severe sprained ankle

Options
oh man I definitely did something to my ankle. Been completely out of commission for a few days and keeping up motivation is hard! Since I can barely walk on it theres been no real gym time so

Replies

• earth_echo
    earth_echo Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Not being able to exercise shouldn't hinder your weight loss as it's nearly 100% about food intake. Rest and let your ankle heal. Focus on your diet.
  • chrysalis2015
    chrysalis2015 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I once tore my ankle twice and tore my calf. I was still trying to be in shape to go back on stage for a performance, so my PT guy had me doing all kinds of upper body stuff with hand weights...including boxing punches with small hand weights to get my heart rate up and get a bit of cardio in. As far as my legs, he had me do leg lifts with my brace on and crunches while my leg was elevated for icing/TENS unit.

Just watch your food, drink lots of water, and try to find things that engage other parts of the body.

But whatever you do, do NOT give in and push that leg before it's ready. Good luck, and I hope you heal up quickly :)
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    It really sucks when that happens, but as the others have said, just focus on your diet for now. I made the mistake of giving in to working out on my foot after it was broken from a tree falling on it. Now it still gives me a lot of problems. The time you allow it to heal will help in the long run, otherwise you can reinjure it repeatedly.