What do you eat!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    So I see a lot of people drink coffee and Greek yogurt?? What does coffee do for you?

I drink coffee because I like it and it keeps me from being a terrible person first thing in the morning. Nothing to do with my weight loss.

This.

OP - not every item you consume has to have a specific stand alone benefit. Some of them are just enjoyable and in the context of a primarily nutrient dense diet, you can eat or drink things that just taste good - like ice cream, coffee, wine....
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    tons of veg, fruit, legumes, lentils, oats, potatoes and sweet potatoes, brown rice, quinoa, lean sourced protein (I eat a lot of fish and chicken), eggs, almonds, avocados, the occasional pizza, sometimes brats, tasty hamburgers hot off my grill, red wine, vodka, a nice Scotch, and a good craft beer once in awhile.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    So I see a lot of people drink coffee and Greek yogurt?? What does coffee do for you?

in the context of your diet as a whole, you can include many things simply because they are pleasurable. enjoyment and happiness are a big part of health and wellness. being healthy and fit doesn't mean everything has to be 100% awesome nutrition...you have to look at your overall diet as a whole and put things in perspective and context.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Whatever I feel like that fits within my calorie alotment for the day...

Also whatever I feel like that fits my calorie goal. I also have a personal rule of trying to eat vegetables with each meal and getting a good variety of vegetables (although I tend to prefer what's in season when things are in season here -- but in the winter, oh well).

A typical day for me:

Breakfast: 2-egg vegetable omelet with feta (usually some kind of green, like spinach or kale, and some other vegetable, like broccoli or zucchini or asparagus, maybe also onions or mushrooms); some other protein source on the side (cottage cheese, plain greek yogurt, smoked salmon); if I am in the mood/want a bigger breakfast, maybe some fruit. Coffee with breakfast.

Mid morning snack: more coffee. ;-)

Lunch: leftovers or a salad with protein (low cal dressing made at home with mostly vinegar, a little olive oil), occasionally I will buy lunch from a place that has food that fits my plan (Pret a Manger has lots of options I like).

Mid afternoon: depending on my workout schedule I might snack here, and it could be a protein bar or some nuts and fruit or maybe some fruit and greek yogurt, just depends on what I want and have brought with me.

Dinner: variety of meats (often fish, but also chicken, pork, lamb, beef, venison, etc., and I am trying to make this beans more often), plus a couple of different kinds of non starchy vegetables, at least, plus (usually) a starch like corn or potato or sweet potatoes or pasta, etc.). Sometimes I might add a sauce that I make or a little cheese or a salad or substitute dairy or fruit for the starch (or another vegetable if I need to cut calories). I cook things in a little olive or coconut oil or occasionally butter -- just watch the amounts.

After dinner, if I have calories, I will have a half cup of ice cream or a little cheese or chocolate or some other end of the day extra.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

Tastes good.
  • SKME2013
    SKME2013 Posts: 704 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Greek yoghurt (unsweetened, plain) with fruit (preferably berries); oatmeal and flax or chia seeds for breakfast; fish, chicken and tons of veggies. Quinoa and Farro instead of white rice. Water and tea instead of soft drinks or juices.

Coffee is apparently good for your metabolism and I have two cups before doing my marathon training.

Stef.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Pancakes, egg whites, bacon, turkey chili, cottage cheese, fruit, veggies, pizza, frozen yogurt, almond/cashew milk milk, grilled chicken/fish/pork chops/turkey. These are the things I eat most.
  • Linzon
    Linzon Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    What does coffee do for you?

Wakes me up. I have 2 kids and not enough sleep.