Couch to 5K.....Thoughts?

Options
2»

Replies

• jencali
    jencali Posts: 6
    Options
    I loved it and recommend it to everyone who wants to start running. I was 40 lbs heavier and used it to get me started. I won't lie...there were tough days and weeks. I had setbacks...but you have to just stick with it and repeat days/weeks of the program if you need to. It might take you longer than they say to get to the point of a 5K...but you WILL. Believe in the program...believe in yourself. Just keep huffing and puffing away and you will do it! Now, even if I fall off the bandwagon, I am able to get back up and catch up within a week or two and be running 5k's in as little as 27 mins....including a warm up. =)
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,157 Member
    Options
    I love it! I'm not a runner by any means. I've never gone past a mile and that was 20 years ago. I'm 49, 215 and just finished week 5. With my schedule I don't follow the every other day but try to do three a week. I just did the dreaded 20 min run on Thursday and finished it. I'm actually liking this and look forward to moving further along. Definitely get fitted for good shoes, I had bad shin pain, got new shoes and now it's so much better. I go really slow, right now I'm more into the endurace and duration and am surprising myself with being abel to do it.

I definitely recommend it. It's a great personal challenge to see what your body can do, and at the same time there's no pressure in repeating days or weeks or running as fast as you can.