Its the day you meet your weightloss goal, How are you going to spend the day?

Options

Replies

• Sandcastles61
    Sandcastles61 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I immediately ran to the front door expecting a parade in my honor and lots of balloons..... But alas, no one apparently heard my shrieks of delight. So onward and upward, I increased my calorie goal by 50 calories and went on about my day B)
  • hamelle2
    hamelle2 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Grab a gallon of ice cream and a spoon...... ;)
  • Azuriaz
    Azuriaz Posts: 785 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I immediately ran to the front door expecting a parade in my honor and lots of balloons..... But alas, no one apparently heard my shrieks of delight. So onward and upward, I increased my calorie goal by 50 calories and went on about my day B)

Inconsiderate neighbors need to pay more attention to the joyful screeching! Congrats anyway!
  • Ashtoretet
    Ashtoretet Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    By eating at maintenance!
  • sbmcm
    sbmcm Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Azuriaz wrote: »
    sbmcm wrote: »
    sbmcm wrote: »
    Hair salon and clothes shopping spree (time to start saving...)

Hm...a real haircut by a real professional. That might not be such a bad idea, either!

I only recently (last few months) started getting my hair done professionally (not gonna lie, it had been looking rough), and now I don't think I can go back to cutting it myself.

It looks good, too!

I can't afford top dollar, cotton balls between your toes, complimentary champagne (or even softdrinks!) stylist, so I figure I'll scout around now to find one around my age with my general facial features when I'm lean. If she knows how to do her hair, she'll know how to do mine!

Thanks! I was all sorts of picky when I first started going to mine -- "Can fit me in, say, now? Yes? I'll be there in 10." I may be slightly impulsive (part of why I have so much weight to lose, maybe? lol). But she actually made my PIA hair look good, so I keep going back.
  • tatilove1988
    tatilove1988 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Buy a new figure hugging dress, get my hair done with beautiful curls or straight blunt cut, and probably go to the gym or for a run later. All things that I already do now... Except the straight blunt haircut.
  • pootle1972
    pootle1972 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    For those that can't afford a stylist.....do you have a teaching college or know a salon you'd like to visit who has a trainee.....often the cuts and colours are much much cheaper as they need bodies to train on for their qualifications...they are always supervised so shouldn't scalp you
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    as i recall, i went to work...

for me, weight loss was only one small aspect of my greater health and wellness goals so it really wasn't a huge deal.
  • DeterminedFee201426
    Options

Inconsiderate neighbors need to pay more attention to the joyful screeching! Congrats anyway!

awa_
  • DeterminedFee201426
    Options
    hamelle2 wrote: »
    Grab a gallon of ice cream and a spoon...... ;)
    sounds good to me right now hahaha

• zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    I crawl out of bed and get dressed, before a light breakfast and devotion routine. En route to the checkup with my nutritionist, I pray that I've at least maintained this weight instead of gaining it all back. After weighing in on a wheelchair-friendly scale next door, my family and I skip merrily along to share the great news with my doctor, who is pleasantly shocked, but glad to help me create a custom maintenance plan. After the appointment, we just have to go indulge in a celebratory yet healthy lunch/dinner!
  • Badunkadunk_Buster
    Badunkadunk_Buster Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I think we'd go take a family portrait. I'm not in any pictures, I hate being in pictures.
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I don't know.

My ultimate goal is to go to Tanzania and climb Kilimanjaro (bookended by starting on a Serengeti safari and ending with some well-earned R&R on Zanzibar) but that would happen several months later.

I'll probably go on a hike or something, maybe go and buy something for myself. I don't use food as a reward anymore.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I never met mine. I kept getting near, giving up, trying again, giving up.

Now I'm just gonna bulk. I'm reversing and on the first week of my bulk I'm going to eat slutty brownies, and then maybe a doughnut I've been dreaming about. And lift the crap out of some heavy things.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Keep eating at a deficit till I'm at the bottom edge of my maintenance range.

• Virkati
    Virkati Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I've made being able to visit my daughter my reward. For the first 25 pounds I flew out to Oregon, that was in June. I've already bought the ticket for January 13 and I have about 11 pounds to lose before then for the second 25 pounds. When I reach goal (total about 70 pounds), I'll probably fly her to me. When I reach maintenance, every 3 months I stay within 5 pounds of goal, I go see her. She's my baby at 29 and I miss her every. single. minute. of every day. There is no better motivator than being able to see my babygirl!
  • ohmyllama
    ohmyllama Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Going shopping!! I'm not buying anything at all until I lose my weight... then I'll have lots of money for clothes and I'm going to be so happy!! :D
  • last_jennifer
    last_jennifer Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Taking pictures of myself, I never do.
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    s_carson wrote: »
    I think we'd go take a family portrait. I'm not in any pictures, I hate being in pictures.

Oh! Wow! Your post made me cry!
    We haven't had a family portrait in 23 years, since BEFORE my 2 youngest kids were born. My only "excuse" is that I did not want to spend the money on pictures I would hate.

I have a close friend who is an incredible photographer. I am going to hire her to take some awesome photos of our family!

45 pounds to go and I am so excited!

• bearondiet
    bearondiet Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Celebration with pizza & chocolate cake.