Wahoo HRM Opinions?

Options
I'm thinking of getting a Wahoo HRM.

What's you all's experience with them been? Positive, negative?

Replies

• mtbiker1069
    mtbiker1069 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    No one here uses the Wahoo Heart Rate Monitor in here?
  • tcaley4
    tcaley4 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I use it for my biking app. It is the only one I have ever used, so I can't compare it to any other. I have had no issues using it.
  • hieunt99
    hieunt99 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    About to get my hand on Wahoo tickRX and need some opinions on this. Will update my experience soon.
  • tcaley4
    tcaley4 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I have the Tickr model. I use it with MapMyRide. Been using it since August. It was easy to setup with the app. Uses a Bluetooth connection. I like it and it works well for me.
  • Heatherthecyclist
    Options
    Yep, really reliable- they're great
  • mtbiker1069
    Options
    Thanks. I'm looking to get one for cycling as well. Will use it with Endomondo, because endomondo calorie calculations are WAY off...
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I have a TickerX. I use it all the time on the bike, along with the app. Love it.

I had an issue with firmware updates on one of two occasions, but I waited a day or two and it sorted itself out. Never any use or connection issues, and it works with several (Android) apps that I've tried.
  • sillekered
    sillekered Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I use Tickr x for cycling, connected Ant+ to IPBike app and Bluetooth to Wahoo fitness app sharing to MyFitPal. The Tickr x also provides a quite accurate pedalling cadence to Wahoo fitness app which compares well to my Wahoo speed/cadence sensor. My phone is Android Sony Z3 Compact.
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
  • rbakedq
    rbakedq Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I am using the TickerX with the Wahoo Fitness app, Runkeeper and Endomundo. I also upload from the Wahoo Fitness app to MapMyFitness, after my workouts. I also have the Casio watch that works with Wahoo Fitness. I like that for my running workouts and MTN bike rides.
  • mtbiker1069
    Options
    Thanks Everyone!

I purchased a Tickr X at REI onsale for $70. So far it's good and doing exaclty what I wanted. One small issue I had is that it didn't read my heart rate if I put my phone in my backpack while riding my bike. Put a new battery in it and that fixed it.

I like the simplicity of the off line work out/memory feature. I just put it on, and go, and it will keep the data in memory and sync to my phone later. Very handy for my quick break time walks at work.
  • palmettoadventurer
    palmettoadventurer Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I use the Tickr, and it's been pretty solid so far. Glad to hear the X is working out for you.