Just calories? Or sugar and fat too?

Options
2»

Replies

• goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    To weigh in on the "just calories? Or sugar and fat too?" questions, calories are what count for weight loss but I still watch fat and sugar too. For one thing, they are my problem areas. Overeating fats and sugars was the way I fattened up to begin with. I can overeat them without feeling uncomfortably full. It's also nice to see how much you can eat and still stay at reasonable levels. Keeping them reasonably low may mean you will feel fuller. As has been said before, I like to keep an eye on my micros as well as macros and calories.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    If I don't eat sufficient protein in relationship to carbs, I get the munchies and want to eat and eat and eat. It's much easier for me to stay in a calorie deficit when I have increased protein and decreased carbs.

I have found that I lose weight despite going over my fat just about every day.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    I have found that I lose weight despite going over my fat just about every day.

I just changed my fat macro to be where I wanted it -- a bit higher than the default.

Same with protein.

When I add lots of calories back due to cardio, like on a big running or biking day, I typically eat more carbs as a percentage of total calories, however. And if that means I go over my carbs, assuming I got my min protein, I don't care.