Blood Blisters While Lifting?

I'm not lifting super heavy yet (working up to it), but I do put in a solid effort every time. Lately, I noticed I've been getting tiny, pin-sized blood blisters in the crease of my elbow after ~1 hour of lifting. They don't protrude from the skin, itch, or bother me in any real way, but it is a little weird.

Does anyone have experience with this?

Note: I know it's not from an allergy, friction, or sweat. It usually spreads almost all the way up to my shoulder, and I've been trying different shirts since the day I noticed it, but nothing changes about the pattern.

Replies

• kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    I get them and believe they are broken capillaries. I get the same thing when I carry a ton of groceries with the plastic bag handles all up my arms.
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    kami3006 wrote: »
    I get them and believe they are broken capillaries. I get the same thing when I carry a ton of groceries with the plastic bag handles all up my arms.

I guess from the pressure on the arms? O_o It's still odd. I've lifted before, but maybe I'm just pushing myself more lately or something.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Odd. I've experienced something like this but it wasn't from lifting, but from being in a hot climate for a while.

I only get blood blisters if I smash my finger between plates really.
  • kami3006

I guess from the pressure on the arms? O_o It's still odd. I've lifted before, but maybe I'm just pushing myself more lately or something.

Yes, from the stress on the arms. I've gotten them for years while lifting and they've been a non-issue.
    You could be pushing harder. I noticed that when I changed from stronglifts to PHUL, it got them more which I attributed to the harder work/higher volume.

• ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Odd. I've experienced something like this but it wasn't from lifting, but from being in a hot climate for a while.

XP Been there. These are not quite so annoying.

Yes, from the stress on the arms. I've gotten them for years while lifting and they've been a non-issue.
    You could be pushing harder. I noticed that when I changed from stronglifts to PHUL, it got them more which I attributed to the harder work/higher volume.

Ah, thanks. I figured they were no big deal, but given their propensity to show up after my heaviest sets, it was a little alarming to notice.
  • kami3006

XP Been there. These are not quite so annoying.

Ah, thanks. I figured they were no big deal, but given their propensity to show up after my heaviest sets, it was a little alarming to notice.

It was alarming to me too at first. I kept making my husband look at them and then check the internet.... I even had the veterinarian I work with look at them. LOL