Calories !

Options
Thanks for previous tips! I google calories for food and how many you burn during exercise unless a product has calories on it, how else do you work out calories?

Replies

• SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    A heart rate monitor works well for determining calories burned during steady state cardio exercises. These would be things like running, biking, swimming, Zumba, etc.
  • flossylips
    flossylips Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Oh thanks good idea :)
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    flossylips wrote: »
    Thanks for previous tips! I google calories for food and how many you burn during exercise unless a product has calories on it, how else do you work out calories?

The MFP database has pretty extensive listings for individual foods, whole foods, packaged foods, restaurant foods, etc, some are more accurate than others. Try to avoid things that say "generic", and don't necessarily trust the verified calorie counts, some are significantly off. You can also use the recipe builder to create your own listing of a meal that you make yourself, especially handy if you repeat foods.

Helpful info in here:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1234699/logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide/p1
  • flossylips
    flossylips Posts: 13 Member
    Options

Ok thanks I clicked on link :)