fussy eating help?

Options
I'm having a major problem finding foods I like since I'm a majorly fussy eater , if you have any suggestions it would be a huge help
Foods I dislike ; all seafood, nuts and dried fruit, cold pastas ( most meals that I've eaten hot I just can't eat cold idk why ) pasta sauces salad dressings , Brown breads ,pastas and prices I also have an allergy to mangos sadly

Replies

• SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    In my experience, eating foods you dislike over a period of time helps overcome it. Unless you enjoy being a picky eater? Also, foods most of us disliked in our youth we'll find we like as adults. I don't know if that has to do with our tastebuds getting less sensitive or something but ask around and a lot of people will tell you they now enjoy foods they disliked as children.

The good news is, you don't need to eat any of the foods you don't like in order to lose weight. Simply eat less of the foods you do like, making them fit into your calorie goals for the day.
  • Amyismadeofwax
    Amyismadeofwax Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I read about that, it's an evolutionary trust to stop children being poisoned, they're very sensrive to metallic or harsh taste

I have revisited most of the things I don't like but I still don't slightly enjoy them, I have a really I healthy life style with multiple factors that add it and many of which are my fault but I wish there were some solely healthy fruit and veg I like to make meals of
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Is it actually taste or is it a combination of taste, texture, and the actual chewing of certain foods.. Since your post is a bit vauge in what you do and do not like or will or will not eat, it is hard to tell.

There are just plenty of things I will never ever eat no matter what. But in my "old" age now I do eat a lot of things I said as a child I would never eat.

If it is texture, try preparing/cooking it differently. If it is taste, perhaps learning spices, sauces, dips, anything to add to the food to help make it taste better.

I truly "outgrew" my picky eating, but my budget and my lifestyle dictated most of how and what I ate on a daily basis..
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    I'm having a major problem finding foods I like since I'm a majorly fussy eater , if you have any suggestions it would be a huge help
    Foods I dislike ; all seafood, nuts and dried fruit, cold pastas ( most meals that I've eaten hot I just can't eat cold idk why ) pasta sauces salad dressings , Brown breads ,pastas and prices I also have an allergy to mangos sadly
    We can only help with specifics if you tell us what you LIKE to eat. <3