CLA

Options
Im thinking of starting CLA supplements. Has anyone had any results with these?

Replies

• senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    Lab rats seem to do well with them.
    Humans, not so much.
    http://examine.com/supplements/Conjugated+Linoleic+Acid/
    CLA has been investigated to be a fat burner and health promoting agent due to its effect on a molecular signalling receptor family named PPAR which is related to fat burning, steroid signalling, inflammation, and glucose/lipid metabolism.

However, human studies on CLA are very unreliable and the overall effects seen with CLA are not overly potent as well as sometimes contradicting. CLA is a good research standard to investigated fatty acids and the PPAR system, but its usage as a supplement for personal goals is quite lacklustre.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    I also personally tried them back when I was not as much of skeptic and found nothing came from them beyond what I was already doing with diet and exercise.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Why not save your money, eat at a reasonable deficit and lose weight?
  • debsdoingthis
    debsdoingthis Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »
    I also personally tried them back when I was not as much of skeptic and found nothing came from them beyond what I was already doing with diet and exercise.
    +1
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I'd normally stick to saying "Don't waste your money" but I know it's much more useful to have personal opinions from those that have tried. I have tried these and No, I didn't see any difference in my weight loss or work-out's. I continued losing weight as I had been previous to trying them :)

Very overpriced considering I could have achieved exactly the same results without taking them! Save those precious pennies and buy some nice food! :)
  • racergirl1991
    racergirl1991 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! That's what I thought but it helps to get other opinions.