Help with macros/goals?

Options
xxmzangel
xxmzangel Posts: 119 Member
Okay, so I've lost the majority of my weight eating low carb with either high protein or fat. However, I'm not sure how sustainable this is for me long term, and was looking for some input. I'm trying to decide what I should do, what my macros should be, what other goals I should have, etc. My macros are currently 5% carb, 30% protein, and 65% fat, and while I enjoy it and don't feel hungry too often, I've been finding myself jealous of those who eat everything, but in moderation. I did that for a little while last summer, but I'm not sure how to go about it this time. So I thought I'd put it out there and see what everyone has to say about it.

Replies

• jasonheyd
    jasonheyd Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    As far as macros go, 40/30/30 is a pretty common balance that fits the "everything in moderation" mold pretty well.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    5% carbs is incredibly low. I target 1 gram of protein per pound of lean body mass and honestly often get closer to 1 gram per pound of total body weight, and I target 0.35 grams of fat per pound of total body weight. I also make sure I get enough fiber and I watch a few of my micronutrients. From there, I eat what I want and I take occasional days and even weeks "off" where I just can't be bothered to care. I try to keep those to an absolute minimum but I'd rather give myself a break than push myself to the point of wanting to quit. The key though is to learn to eat those treats in moderation and my suggestion is to start by sticking with true 1 portion size servings. If you can't limit yourself to that then don't keep more in your house until you can limit yourself.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    5% carbs is incredibly low. I target 1 gram of protein per pound of lean body mass and honestly often get closer to 1 gram per pound of total body weight, and I target 0.35 grams of fat per pound of total body weight. I also make sure I get enough fiber and I watch a few of my micronutrients. From there, I eat what I want and I take occasional days and even weeks "off" where I just can't be bothered to care. I try to keep those to an absolute minimum but I'd rather give myself a break than push myself to the point of wanting to quit. The key though is to learn to eat those treats in moderation and my suggestion is to start by sticking with true 1 portion size servings. If you can't limit yourself to that then don't keep more in your house until you can limit yourself.
    ^