Seeing if anybody else has or had the same situation as me

Options
Hi everybody. I made a post about a month or so ago about that I wasn't seeing any result (meaning I couldn't), and now I am starting to see that I have lost weight. The only place that I can tell is my butt/thigh area but not around my waist. I measure my tummy about every week and I am losing (about a 1/2 inch each week) so there's no doubt that I'm losing it just not as quick as my butt/thigh.

So my question is, is there anybody out there that has or had the same problem as me?

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,200 Member
    Options
    Yes ... check out the Progress Pics thread.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10257268/progress-pics

Photos help ... I couldn't see my weight loss until I did a photo comparison. :)
  • bendyourkneekatie
    bendyourkneekatie Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    My weight loss has come off my hips first, then my boobs, with my tummy/waist being the stubborn last bit. Last I measured, my hips equate to a size 6 Aus (us 2) but my waist is just under a size 12 Aus (us 8).

It is so annoying. I don't know if my waist is going to catch up if I keep losing weight, and finding pants that fit is a pain in the *kitten*. Unfortunately my body doesn't care what I want it to do and will lose weight where it will. I do ab work every day as well as stuff at the gym, and I can feel the muscles there but that doesn't change the size discrepancy..,
  • amandapanda932011
    Options
    well I am glad I am not the only one. I just think its weird cause 6 years ago when I last tried dieting, I could tell more easily and I could see it no problem. But now its like my stomach is going to be hard to lose. It's like my legs are ready for another pants size down but my tummy is not lol
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Weight comes off where it wants to.

I'm a pear shape and whenever I've lost weight it comes first off my top half even though that has never been an issue, and ends up making the bottom half look temporarily even bigger! It evens out more in the end.
  • bendyourkneekatie
    bendyourkneekatie Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    well I am glad I am not the only one. I just think its weird cause 6 years ago when I last tried dieting, I could tell more easily and I could see it no problem. But now its like my stomach is going to be hard to lose. It's like my legs are ready for another pants size down but my tummy is not lol

Yeah it's a new experience for me too; I used to be an hourglass shape, my waist was the *first* place weight came off. 2 kids later it's become the opposite
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Weight comes off wherever your body decides!

The other month, I lost an inch from my tummy, nothing from my thighs and 2 inches from my chest (the place I really DIDN'T want to lose!) :D Hang in there! You're doing great!
  • dizzieblondeuk
    dizzieblondeuk Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    yesimpson wrote: »
    Weight comes off where it wants to.

I'm a pear shape and whenever I've lost weight it comes first off my top half even though that has never been an issue, and ends up making the bottom half look temporarily even bigger! It evens out more in the end.
    I'm exactly the same - I first started seeing changes in my upper half, and then the bottom half followed, I'm down a dress size in each, but I suspect I'm always going to be battling with a chunkier lower half. Such is the life of a Pear! I suspect everyone loses weight in very different ways, and no one can dictate exactly where that weight comes off. However, exercise will help a little regarding the underlying muscles. My legs and bum, whilst still chubby, feel and look firmer, and I suspect my weighted squats are doing a decent job with them!