Words of advice? Kick in the *kitten*? Suck it up buttercup?

Options
2»

Replies

• kga9319
    kga9319 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been telling myself that I can undo in one day or one meal what it took me all week to accomplish. Then that binge doesn't seem so worth it.
  • Shes1CraftyMama
    Shes1CraftyMama Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Up your calorie intake. You are probably eating too few cals and it is catching up with you. For a week up it by 200, be sure to eat back all of your workout cals, you may be surprised by how much you lose too! If you are not consuming enough to simply sustain your organs the life and energy they need, eventually you will stop losing weight and you will become famished and begin bingeing.
    Follow the steps listed here:http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/974888-in-place-of-a-road-map-2k13
    to figure out how much you should be eating (even in a deficit) then compare it to what you have. If it is more...up your cals!
    That worked for me when I went through the same thing! You need to fuel your body and if you are hungry it is not getting enough fuel!
  • pittbullgirl
    pittbullgirl Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I allow myself the occasional cheat day which I prefer to call my IDGAF days.

Today is an example, and yes I'm bragging.

I went to my favorite BBQ joint and ordered the pork and beef combo with greens and sweet potato chips and washed it down with a beer. Then I ordered a 1/2 a rack of ribs and washed that down with another beer. Then my kids and wife wanted dessert so we ordered a big chocolate cake and a peanut butter pie. Oh and I washed THAT down with another beer. Then I took my very happy self home and napped on the couch for 4 hours. It's been a good day.

I've been off for a few days and will probably drag myself out for a run tomorrow and get back on track, or I'll wait until Monday. A couple days of over aren't going to make much of a difference in a sea of good days.

Sounds like a great day! I have those IDGAF days too.....but I plan to have them. Today with all my walking around my house, Im actually NOT over my cals for the day! yay
  • pittbullgirl
    pittbullgirl Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Thank you ALL so much for the kicks in the *kitten* and sharing with me how you do things when the mood hits to overeat :)

YOU ROCK!! :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • generallyme2
    generallyme2 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Since it's night there and your kid is asleep, you could go to sleep too ;) Sleep is awesome for energy, cravings and tomorrow might seem just a little brighter when you realize you were able to get through it. For me at least, most cravings/binges aren't due to actual hunger and are just feelings trying to be a pain lol