done the math..shocking results in 1 week of destruction

Options
hi everyone

2 weeks ago i was in sunny ibiza, on an all inclusive holiday for 1 week. im not going to lie i didnt hold back i had what i wanted..
i put on 9lbs...shocking yes but thats the way it is.
so this past week ive been back to calorie counting and also back to my beloved body combat.. its looking like i so far after 1 week dropped 3lbs off that 9 i gained.. shocking again.
i believed that after this week i would have lost more as i truly thought that i was holding onto more water than 3lbs worth..
i did the math.
6lbs is 21,000 calories over maintenance for that week. which puts me at about 5200 calories every day..
which i did over indulged.. its hard to believe i consumed that much, but maybe i did? i dont know because i wasnt keeping track.
however! im holding hope to the fact i could be still holding water from re introducing body combat after a week off from it.
could i have peoples thoughts? thanks everyone... ( p.s wont be doing that all inclusive again anytime soon...walks off head in hands lol)

Replies

• MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    I highly doubt you put on 9 pounds of fat in 2 weeks. HIGHLY doubt it. Is it possible you gained some? Sure, but not that much. I indulged for a week when I went on vacation, and trust me, I didn't hold back either but when all was said and done, I maybe gained 1/2 pound. My scale was up 6 pounds when I returned but that all dropped off after a week. Give it a bit more time.
  • leahcollett1
    leahcollett1 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    am i being to hasty to assume all the water and other little scale nasties would just vanish in a week? that was what i believed that after the first week being back i would be able to decipher what was "water weight" and what was "real weight"
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I ALWAYS gain weight when I go on holiday. I always, always do. I eat and drink more than my body needs and ENJOY every second of it. This isn't something I do every month - even every year, so for me - going away and gaining weight is 100% to be expected. I'm a human being. There is no way in hell I'm going to be logging and tracking and adding up my calories in my cocktails, ice creams and pizzas. It's just not happening. My holiday is a break from the norm - a break from normal life, a break from work and rushing and gymming and busy, busy, busy - ALSO a break from the day in, day out tracking, logging and being aware. There really is no harm in it.

Ok so you put on 9lbs? It'll come back off. Those are 9lbs worth of good, fun holiday times. Good fun holiday times that rarely happen! You're fine! Who cares if it's water weight or 'fat'? You'll never work it out and by the time you do, it'll be gone anyway. You're FINE! :)
  • leahcollett1
    Options
    THANKS HUN!!! ive added you as a friend by the way as i read alot of your posts and i find them awesome.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I gained 5lbs after a weeks all inclusive... worth every calorie IMO!
  • Azuriaz
    Azuriaz Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    I could do it easy. Throw some wine in there, and I could outdo it. But you know how to lose it, I'm sure you had a great time, so don't regret it, vacation weight gain is entirely different from 'I want to sit in my room this week and eat cheetos and hate the world' weight gain.
  • leahcollett1
    Options
    yea but i still think that 9lbs in just 1 weeks is bloody excessive... lol dam them ibiza desserts and alcohol on tap...
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    am i being to hasty to assume all the water and other little scale nasties would just vanish in a week? that was what i believed that after the first week being back i would be able to decipher what was "water weight" and what was "real weight"

I have found that, generally, all of the water weight from over indulging drops off in a few days so waiting a week to see what is fat gained and what is temporary makes sense to me. I supposedly gained 10 lb from 6 days of being off the rails. A week later, I was only up by 2. Another week and I was down by 2/10ths.

• Azuriaz
    Azuriaz Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    yea but i still think that 9lbs in just 1 weeks is bloody excessive... lol dam them ibiza desserts and alcohol on tap...

It is excessive. If you do it regularly. But unless you're lucky enough to vacation like that once every couple of months, I wouldn't stress it. Hell, if I were able to do that, I'd probably be the fat happy vacationer all locals hate. Oh wait, spine ache, knee ache. Nevermind, I'd have to vacation sober most of the time. I'd have fun though!

• MommyL2015
    Options
    vacation weight gain is entirely different from 'I want to sit in my room this week and eat cheetos and hate the world' weight gain.

Quoted for truth! If you're going to go on vacation, go on vacation! I figure I get one good week a year where I can leave life back at the house and just completely and totally relax and have worry-free fun, so my vacation is a vacation from everything, including worrying about what I consume. Your brain needs a vacation too.
  • MommyL2015
    Options
    It does seem excessive, and I still stand by what I said about being very unlikely, but as PinkPixie said, so what if you did? Did you have fun? :)
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    And this is why I log my overeating during my IDGAF days. By logging I know why I gained and I'm not scratching my head about it.

Water weight loss is different for everyone. Some people can lose it in a couple of day. Me, I take 2 weeks to drop mine.
  • leahcollett1
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    And this is why I log my overeating during my IDGAF days. By logging I know why I gained and I'm not scratching my head about it.

Water weight loss is different for everyone. Some people can lose it in a couple of day. Me, I take 2 weeks to drop mine.

this is interesting - im going to continue to wait ( what other choice do i have) and just see what happens. but hell yes i got to try some fantastic desserts including a mahoosive slice of oreo cheesecake!!!
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    I remember looking up the calories in the resort's piña coladas after we did an all-inclusive vacation to Mexico several years ago. For one drink it was 1200.

• MommyL2015
    Options
    It really isn't about what you did on your vacation, only what you choose to do now. As much fun as I had, when I got home, I got right back to weighing and logging, and right back on my treadmill, as if I hadn't been gone at all.
  • leahcollett1
    Options
    yep this is what ive been doing - apart froma slight hiccup, ive been back logging weighing and back to my beloved les mills body combat - which is bloody hard after having a week off!
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    MommyL2015 wrote: »
    It really isn't about what you did on your vacation, only what you choose to do now. As much fun as I had, when I got home, I got right back to weighing and logging, and right back on my treadmill, as if I hadn't been gone at all.

Me too. I had a week where I went off the rails, got back on for 3 days, then went on vacation. My vacation was 4 days of kayaking so I knew I needed to fuel my body for the intense activity so I tried to make sure I didn't go crazy, but I ate very well (those chocolate chip cookies in the bag lunch were VERY good!). As soon as I got home, I got right back on track and showed a small loss within a week.

• Mezzie1024
    Mezzie1024 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I gained seven pounds on my last trip. I almost immediately lost four upon my return, and then another dropped more quickly than my calorie deficit would have allowed. The last two came off like normal weight gain would. I know on at least one day I went 4,000 over my limit -- it really isn't hard when you believe that tasting all of a locale's cheese is mandatory. :p
  • OsricTheKnight
    OsricTheKnight Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    2 weeks ago i was in sunny ibiza, on an all inclusive holiday for 1 week. im not going to lie i didnt hold back i had what i wanted..

It's painful how much can be put on in a short time, isn't it? One of my most recent vacations, merely a week, I managed to put on 3lb (which is half of the 6 you're estimating). The graph looks like this:

2gpt43vdkur9.png

To be honest, on this vacation I ate with some restraint, too.

Bottom line is you can take it back off, easily enough. For those who doubt it's possible, here's a meal I'd enjoy at Milestones:

1230 Chorizo Flatbread Appetizer
    1490 Portobello Mushroom Chicken Main
    0390 Bellini (Alcohol)
    1000 Peanut Butter & Jelly Cheesecake Dessert
    ----

So this meal - a single meal - is just an appetizer, main, one drink, and a dessert. I mean I didn't even have 2 bellinis. Or a taste of someone else's appetizer. You were at an all inclusive - free drinks all day long - big breakfasts, lunches, suppers - you could easily hit 9,000 kcals/day.

So the way to know is to get back on track and see how quickly the weight comes off, and not worry about it. You had fun, great, time to get back to work.

Osric
  • hamelle2
    hamelle2 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    A wonderful sunny all inclusive week long vacation??? To me it would be worth every single pound I gained! B)