Bret Contreras Strong Curves?

Options
I'm getting ready to start this -- anyone have experience to share? I know that there are a couple of groups but they seem not to have been active for some time....

Replies

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed the program overall, but honestly, I'm a boring person when it comes to workouts. I like fewer variations of things and don't mind going in and doing the same thing week after week. I got mentally burned out on the program quickly. That said, I felt like it was a great workout and really helped me to focus on my glutes. Best thing about it was learning how to activate the glutes on particular lifts. The book was a fantastic read!
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I really liked SC and had great results. Once I completed the 12 weeks (I did Gorgeous Glutes) I modified the program based on exercises I preferred. Like @auddii mentioned, it was a really great program to help activate the glutes
  • michelle7673
    michelle7673 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I've done strength programs before (madcow, 5x5, things like that) but I am very detrained. I am a natural hourglass with a lot "up top", so I was interested in a program that was aimed at helping to enhance that figure type. I did start Venus Index quite some time ago, which is pretty shoulder-heavy IMHO and not really what I was looking for. As I am back in a fat loss mode I figured a glute-centric starter program would be a good choice as it works big muscles with compound movements, and maybe I'll get some newb (re)gains (or at least maximize fat loss vs muscle) while I get back into the swing and learn how to activate the glutes for 12 weeks.

I did order the book so looking forward to that :) -- and plan to start this weekend.

I appreciate the comments -- thanks!!!
  • AOdell79
    AOdell79 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hoping to revive this old thread. I am on week 6 of the glutes only section of strong curves and I love it!
    Did anyone finish the program? How did it go? I can tell I am getting stronger and I am sore most days from it. I am already planning to do another 12 week cycle after this one is done.
  • ltworide
    ltworide Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I really liked this program. I especially loved the flexibility of slotting in your movement of choice & the ability to vary the sets/reps/rest drpendibg on your personal goals. I'll go back to this program af sobe point.
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    I haven't used this specific program, but thanks to Bret, I added weighted hip thrusts (heavy and high rep) to my week. My butt is huge.