Replies

• Skinnymunkii
    Skinnymunkii Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Post of awesomeness. Gold star for you. :flowerforyou:
  • pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    I ate a whole box of snack size Cadbury double chocolate ice cream pops one day the week. I eat over 3,000 calories, often. Good stuff!
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    Wait... you're eating at a surplus. NOW YOU MIGHT GET BULKY!!!!!

Oh *kitten*... and I've been lifting weights too... I'm going to be huge :sad:
  • kylamaries
    kylamaries Posts: 291
    Options
    I need to keep this post for later (as my day has not been too fabulous at all); thanks for sharing!
  • JessieePoooh
    JessieePoooh Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Nicely said. Love the post. :) I ate a piece of cake today and I was telling myself not to for about 40 minutes before I ate it and I thought.. I haven't had a 'treat' in weeks! So I did it. I fit it into my daily goals, and it worked out perfectly fine. :)
  • carolemorden9
    carolemorden9 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Dear OP,
    I think I just fell in love with you. No, seriously. THAT was an awesomely EPIC post!!

:flowerforyou:

This is exactly how I feel too!
  • Ladyzumba
    Ladyzumba Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    LOVE this post! And man was it right on time since I was over 1400 today myself! I had a major splurge day that included a 50 cent ice cream cone from Burger King!!!! How could any real girl pass up a sale???? Most days are not like today and I will NOT beat myself up! It was the first day that I didn't work out any in two weeks! I so deserved this day! Thanks for this!
  • smlamb33
    smlamb33 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    horse-meme.jpg
    Daniel_Bryan_YES.gif
    261d1237578946t-super-funny-animated-gifs-chuck_norris.gif
    tumblr_lokd8j9IMC1qcz682o1_500.gif

Love this! Gene Wilder is one of may all time favorite actors and Young Frankenstein is one of the most awesome movies ever directed by Mel Brooks!!
  • teresab101
    teresab101 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    bump
  • basslinewild
    basslinewild Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    This is a great post!
  • SteveStedge
    Options
    Spoken like a true TWENTY TWO year old.

Try that *kitten* in 5 years and let me know how it works out.

Ninja PLEASE

You don't even have to TRY to stay thin at 22. Its easy, its called awesome metabolism.

Go to any ice cream place and look who is ordering the 2000 calorie monster shakes, its model-thin teenage girls.

Talking a lot of *kitten* for a kid with great metabolism.

When I was in my early 20s, I'd eat a candy bar and sugar soda at every break at work, I'd eat the 2-3000 calorie meals when dining out, drink sugared alcohol drinks with impunity and still stayed at 10% bodyfat. That all changes fast. You get into those bad habits and "once in a while" turns into a permanent fat gain every time.
  • mrsriisky
    mrsriisky Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I pretty much love everything you have to say. I ate an 1800 calorie sandwich from Hooters at my hubby's birthday dinner yesterday and it was fantastic! If anything, I was more stressed today about trying to at least get to 1000 after still feeling stuffed from yesterday's indulgence- Had no appetite but I know I need to fuel myself to keep up with my new habit of working out every day!

But, seriously, when I think about all the days in my life that I've probably consumed 5000 calories, or all the days that I forgot to eat and subsisted on a lone Lean Cuisine at the end of the day (before I started becoming more health conscious), what I realize is: IT DIDN'T KILL ME! Nor, truly, did it make me gain or lose that much weight over all.

If you don't take time to truly integrate your new healthy eating with some enjoyment, it will not stick. I look at my healthy lifestyle as having to be healthy both physically AND emotionally- and I could never be emotionally healthy feeling deprived of 100% of the things I enjoy. (And I speak from experience- when I deprived myself in my late teens/early 20s, I was extremely depressed and obsessive. I weighed 112 lbs, but the weight on my soul was not a trade off I'd ever make again.)
  • marc8686
    marc8686 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I really really like this post OP. however I will state one exception. This concept could be very difficult to people who suffer from compulsive eating disorder or a food addiction. That's like telling an alcoholic that a swig here and there won't hurt, next thing you know they chugged the whole bottle. Being one who tends to eat compulsively, I have to be VERY careful when I treat myself that it doesn't turn into a trend or a binge every time I have a cookie. Going back to chicken and salad the morning after a night of Edys ice cream and pizza can be very difficult and even risky to try for those with an eating disorder. Overall thugh I agree, majority of ppl should just relax and enjoy life and accept that 10 steps forward and 1 step back is still 9 steps progress.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options

Ninja PLEASE

You don't even have to TRY to stay thin at 22. Its easy, its called awesome metabolism.

Go to any ice cream place and look who is ordering the 2000 calorie monster shakes, its model-thin teenage girls.

Talking a lot of *kitten* for a kid with great metabolism.

Haha I wish I had a "great" metabolism :tongue: Considering that I was with friends all the time over the past couple of years, eating the same things they ate and being just as active as them, and yet I was the one who gained weight and none of them did... I'm guessing my metabolism isn't actually that amazing :laugh:

Anyway, the point of the post wasn't necessarily that I won't gain weight from my "cheat." Even if I gained weight the message is still the same. The point was that this is a lifestyle change and a few slip ups really don't make a difference.
  • metacognition
    metacognition Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    That's a pretty good way to look at it.

I had the flu for a few days and probably got around 3,500 calories in on a day that I felt particularly miserable. I ate quite a bit of sugar, ate beyond the point of fullness and felt uncomfortable for hours after.

I'll be slowly cutting for the next couple of weeks to avoid weight gain.

But if you can enjoy a cheat day and eat under on the other days, more power to you!
  • jaysonbrody
    Options
    Thank you I needed a smack in the face... Just what I needed.
  • jaysonbrody
    Options
    @ (Marc8686) Stop telling yourself it's a disease or a disorder.. See it for what it truly is and you will learn to manage much better.No offense meant buddy.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options

Ninja PLEASE
    Sorry to ruin your fantasy but I maintain at about 3000 calories and I'm 43 years old.
  • jaysonbrody
    Options
    @ (mtxjohn) You sound bitter and angry... You should eat a cookie. =)
  • marc8686
    marc8686 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    @ (Marc8686) Stop telling yourself it's a disease or a disorder.. See it for what it truly is and you will learn to manage much better.No offense meant buddy.
    No offense taken. I manage pretty well these days. When you want nothing more than to do one thing but still feel this overwhelming urge to pointlessly sabotage it, that's not normal. Unless someone has suffered from this they don't understand.