upping calories slowly/Whats your Calorie Maintenance per day?

Hi Everyone,

Im a 22yr old female, currently in the process of upping my calories. I started upping my calorie intake by a 100 each week from 1500 calories a day to now my current daily intake of 2,100 calories. I have so far maintain my weight. However this last month i have been stuck at 2,100 calories in fear of increasing.

However i have decided to start goingup again too 2,200 calories (100 per week) hopefully reaching 2,500 calorie a day.

Just wondering other peoples experience when they have upped calories and what individuals are currently maintaining on now who are around the same gender and age as I. I am currently more or less sedentary, with a little more active on the weekends when i work.

Thank you
:)

Replies

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    There is no other way to do it than you are doing as far as I know.
  • Maries_wine_calories
    Maries_wine_calories Posts: 152 Member
    edited September 2015
    Unless you were going to increase your activity during the week you're likely nearing the top end of your caloric zone now at 2200. Of course I am just guessing without knowing your height and current weight. Having said that I would probably just caution you to stick to a good macro ratio with your food choices- either by day or week overall, you can eat what you want without guilt that way.

This should be helpful :smile:

http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/
  • mollyBirchall
    mollyBirchall Posts: 14 Member
    I am 5 foot 7 and around 130 pounds. I know most people say women can only eat to this exent but around 18 months ago i was eating 2,800 calories a day on average whilst sedentary without weight gain. However this last few months i have only recently recovered from anorexia and was eating 200 caloires a day for a good 6 months. I just am concerned over the metabolic damage this period may have caused and therefore hitting my pre ED intake my have a different effect possibly on my weight.
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    You are doing the right thing. Just curious, are you doing burning about 500 calories in exercise/walking a day right now or still relatively sedentary?
  • BikeTourer
    BikeTourer Posts: 191 Member
    Vary your calories based on your activity level for the day
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    You're doing great! :)

And I am beyond envious of your 2500 maintenance level - mine is a mere 1800!
  • MeiannaLee
    MeiannaLee Posts: 338 Member
    My maintenance calories range between 1500-1800 depending on the level of exercise. However, there are times when I save my calories throughout the week and on weekends I eat over 2200 calories :D
  • Thowe92
    Thowe92 Posts: 109 Member
    Mine is probably somewhere between 1750-2000. I've been mostly sedentary these past few months since college started and my knee/arm has been giving me problems. That doesn't stop me from walking a few miles everyday though.
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    Good advice here and lots of success. If you are recovering from anorexia, however, I hope that you are working with a registered dietitian to help you slowly progress to a healthy eating pattern. It is very easy to panic and slip back into unhealthy habits. Good luck - enjoy your food and your life!
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    I agree that you're doing it well. I added 200 calories every other week or so until my trend mostly flatlined. I started running, which seems to have skewed the process more than I would have thought, but it looks like 3700 -- or just a bit over -- is the number for me at the moment.
  • I'm 4'11 and I can only eat 1,200-1,500 calories a day :/ But I usually only eat about 1,100 because I get really full.
    When I was recovering from anorexia I did the same thing as you. But I gained more weight since I'm shorter and it's easier for smaller people to gain weight.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Awesome! you're doing great! :smile: You wont know til you try, so of course keep upping them, I did it the same way, tried to push mine up to 2400, ate that high for 4 weeks and I gained, proper gain of a few lbs so had to cut to 2200 or thereabouts. It takes time to find our personal number to eat at. That number will change if workouts change though so if you do make changes or cut exercise back you have to take that into consideration.