5lbs in 2 weeks

Hi All
I thought I had found my sweet spot of 3100 cals for my first bulk but have put on 5lbs in 2 weeks . I lift 4 times a week mainly compound lifts and feel good , still look lean and have around 15% body fat 166lbs 5.8 male. Should I continue for a couple of more weeks or drop by 50-100 cals ?

Replies

• RedWolf09
    RedWolf09 Posts: 90 Member
    I don't see a reason drop if you're getting good results
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    how are your waist measurements? Just be warned that if you overshoot your bulk too much then most of your gains will be fat….
  • _Bropollo_
    _Bropollo_ Posts: 168 Member
    If you just started the bulk, don't be too concerned with your first couple weeks of measurements (obviously if you gained like 10lbs that would be reason for concern). You will start retaining more water, the overall amount of food in your body still "in the works" is now going to be a bit higher at any time....I would wait it out another week or two. 5lbs is more than you should gain in two weeks (you are shooting for a bit under 1lbs/week), but there are days when I jump on the scale and I weigh 3lbs different than the day before, at the exact same time of day. Keep checking frequently and look at the trend in the weight data, not the sharp ups and downs, to see if you are gaining at the right rate.
  • dizzler1
    dizzler1 Posts: 48 Member
    Thanks guys I will stick with it for now
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    _Bropollo_ wrote: »
    If you just started the bulk, don't be too concerned with your first couple weeks of measurements (obviously if you gained like 10lbs that would be reason for concern). You will start retaining more water, the overall amount of food in your body still "in the works" is now going to be a bit higher at any time....I would wait it out another week or two. 5lbs is more than you should gain in two weeks (you are shooting for a bit under 1lbs/week), but there are days when I jump on the scale and I weigh 3lbs different than the day before, at the exact same time of day. Keep checking frequently and look at the trend in the weight data, not the sharp ups and downs, to see if you are gaining at the right rate.

20lbs in 3 months checkin' in haha
  • _Bropollo_
    _Bropollo_ Posts: 168 Member
    _Bropollo_ wrote: »

20lbs in 3 months checkin' in haha

It could certainly turn into that lol. Hopefully OP is monitoring closely and catches the flyaway while the damages are still minimal.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    I would stick w/ it for a couple more weeks, see how you respond.
    Then adjust accordingly.....some could just be water weight.

I was 179 Monday of this week, been eating 2800 - 2900 calories, and today I weighed in at 172.8

Kinda expected it to happen like that, but thought I would stop at 174.

So keep at 3100, see how it goes.
  • dizzler1
    dizzler1 Posts: 48 Member
    I am also doing a weekly check with calipers for BF% and measurements etc and all is normal so far , slight increase in chest and biceps size but BF remains at 14%