Any Tips for staying motivated for weight loss?

Options
I need tips to me stay focus, and help me stay away from junk food.

Replies

• WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Best tip: make sure you're eating at a sensible reasonable deficit for your goals. Then you won't be starving yourself
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    The willpower has to come from within for long term success. Gutting it out hard core might lead to short term success but is not sustainable.
  • tryin2die2self
    tryin2die2self Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    This is going to sound hoakey but it works... Visualization. Take ten minutes to get away and relax. Get comfortable and close your eyes. Then visualize what you want to look like. It works for willpower improvement and busting cravings. If you can't see where you need to go it is really hard to get there.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Remember what you want. That's all motivation is - the thing that drives you, the thing you want.

Avoiding junk food is more habit than anything else. Hard at first, but gets easier. Eventually, you just don't care about it any more. You don't want it and are glad you don't eat it.

Try eating a lot of healthy food to keep yourself full so that you don't want to snack on junk. And add fruit. It's very sweet. :)
  • dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Don't think of it as punishment. Eat your favorite foods and stay within your calorie goals. You will enjoy the experience and lose weight at the same time.
  • JillStepanik
    JillStepanik Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Rewards always help me. I enjoy getting my nails done so as long as I'm following my healthy lifestyle and on track to lose weight, I can get them done every few weeks. When I stop being good with my diet, I will stop doing that.

That works for me but even breaking down and saying at 10 pounds you will buy yourself a present, then same thing for 20 or 30. Who doesn't like getting new things?!