Trying one final time to start over and succeed!

Options
CassieR6
CassieR6 Posts: 280 Member
So this is going to be long! So as you all know (or those who I am friends with who are reading this) I have been struggling a lot. I keep saying I am going to do something and make these changes but never do. I have been on here for over a year have maybe worked out for a total of two weeks. I keep saying I want to stop snacking and limit my drinking till the weekend only and wake up at 5am to do my cardio. I have failed beyond belief and I am disappointed in myself. Here I am at the heaviest I have EVER been! I am working on the drinking thing. With my boyfriend living with me it will be easier as he only drinks on the weekends and can't at all when on call. So he is helping me there as well. And all I have to do is tell him I am ready for him to start making sure I get my *kitten* up in the morning and he will do so. So I feel I am getting those under control soon. My eat however sucks! If I were to stick to what I pre-log I would do great, but then the kitchen at work full of goodies starts to call my name and I cave. I have tortilla chips, chips, cookies, and ice cream.Also when I get home I continue to snack. So I really need to find a balance and some sort of snacks I can have that will not only stop me from craving all the bad stuff but also make me feel full so I wont want to snack anymore. I work in an office so its easy to store things but I am just a little picky at times. So I want to officially start over come Monday morning. This isn't really a request for help more of a vent. But if you have suggestions for my eating portion or would like to be my friend to support me I am always open to new friends.

Thank you!!!!

Replies

• rugratz2015
    rugratz2015 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I know you said this wasn't a request, but more of a vent but I'll give you my tuppence worth anyway - if you are serious then only you can change your habits. Maybe you can start with small changes and as they get easier to manage then add more. Exercise is not vital to losing weight, but it does help, maybe take a walk in your lunch, or directly after work instead of getting up at 5 to workout. Bring low cal snacks into work and ignore what's in the kitchen, make sure you either have plenty of low cal snacks at home, or fruit, if there is no crap in the house you can't eat it. Be nice to yourself, no one's perfect and your weight doesn't define you as a person. Sending you a fr as I am always open to new friends x
  • CassieR6
    CassieR6 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thank you for the response!
  • dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Well good luck to you. Failure is just a step towards success.
  • lagoscarrie
    lagoscarrie Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    This may sound off topic, but I read a study about what actually was successful in getting smokers to stop smoking and it was NOT a horrible scare message, or beating themselves up for creating secondhand smoke or anything like that. The most successful ad campaign showed someone failing and trying, failing again, trying again and succeeding.

I think there is a message in that for weight loss too. I also have "fallen off the wagon" several times in the past few months. But I think loving myself enough to give myself another chance is going to be more effective than beating myself up for past failures or hating the way I look. Hunger is temporary and I DESERVE better than those non-nutritious snacks! (That's what I tell myself.)

Good luck! Keep trying--I really believe that it's the ability to keep trying that will determine in the end whether we make it or not.
  • HippySkoppy
    HippySkoppy Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    dhimaan wrote: »
    Well good luck to you. Failure is just a step towards success.

Oooh I LIKE ^^^^that quote.

Only YOU can do this. My 2 cents would be you never look at this as your LAST chance...God your young, every day is a new day and a new opportunity to make the changes you want.

Maybe you are just trying to do too much too soon.....if you have been on MFP for a year then use it wisely and well. Read, read and read some more. Make a promise and stick to it that you will log your food every day, every single morsel that you eat and drink. Use the digital scales that I hope you have brought yourself and allow yourself at least 2 weeks for this new logging to become a habit....even if after putting in your stats etc to MFP you find you are eating over your allotted amount at the very least you have a STARTING point to move forward from.

Food wise - well again if you get your logging under control and practice patience and persistence there is no reason why you can't still eat the foods that you traditionally always have - just in smaller amounts. There is no need necessarily to go out and completely overhaul your diet and start trying to choke down foods that you inherently dislike....to mean that would just be another reason for you to convince yourself that this is all too hard.

With exercise rather than dragging yourself out of bed at 5am.....why not get up and take a walk at lunch, go for an after tea walk with your friends or boyfriend.

Losing weight comes from your diet and getting the CI-CO right. Exercise is for your health. Don't be afraid to try different things. Maybe weights are your thing....strength training is ALWAYS an excellent idea. You don't have to slave for hours over a treadmill or elliptical to get the results you are after.

Just don't give up trying.....these are just a few of my ideas that helped me.

All the best.