Map my walk

Options
So has anyone used map my walk? I started it 3 days ago and am curious how active the calorie burn is. I used it when I walked with a friend whom I'm almost 90 lbs bigger than ...and it said we burned the same amount of calories.
Can't be right.
So mad I lost my fit bit :(

Replies

• GrandFishy
    GrandFishy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi there!
    I haven't used Map My Walk, but from what I hear it's pretty good!

However, usually the "calories burned" statistic in apps like this is based on a very, very rough estimate and in my opinion is something you shouldn't concentrate too much on. :smile:
  • FrankWhite27330
    FrankWhite27330 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I use map my ride.. I ride a walmart 18 speed mountain bike... on the road it says I burn 500 calories an hour based on my speed.. I think it's pretty close. Faster u go more calories burned.. it also sync to mfp

If I was on a road bike it would say I burned same calories but we all know it would be a ln easier ride. So who knows
  • azelizabeth
    azelizabeth Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I use it, mainly so that I know my distance/pace. I take the calorie burn with a grain of salt and feel that it runs about 25% too high for me.
  • mzpage272
    mzpage272 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been using it for about a year. I agree with azelizabeth… grain of salt. But I enjoy how it's synced with MFP, considers incline rate, keeps track of my gear age, the motivational challenges… bottom line, keeps me motivated to walk more & walk faster.
  • kandeye
    kandeye Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I use it. I am pretty sure the calorie burn is way too high for me though
  • andyajc2015
    andyajc2015 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    well said mzpage272, I 've been using MMW since January, motivation to carry on is biggest plus, calorie burn depends on size etc , as others have said take it with a grain of salt . any app that keeps you exercising on a regular basics is positive . Like how it links to MFP as well .........keep walking !!