junk food

Options
i am on day three of my no junk food or soft drink and i feel nauases is this normal..???

i would drink a bottle of soft drink a day 1litre one and lots of chips ice cream etc.

thnaks

Replies

• SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I don't see how not eating that stuff could make you feel nauseous, but I imagine that emotionally it is a very hard change to make. Dealing with that could certainly make all your systems feel upset.
  • amb3rj0y
    amb3rj0y Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Your body probably became addicted to the junk food and is telling you "something is off" by not having it. Also you are probably going through some emotional stress as well by not eating what is familiar to you. You just have to retrain your body to want healthier options. I was a big fast food eater, like 1-3 times everyday. It was hard on me especially since I can easily walk to these places from my home. Now I do not feel cravings anymore after about a month. It gets easier, I promise!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Are you replacing that soda with water? It is important to stay hydrated.

Try dry crackers eaten slowly for the nausea.

Or have some ginger tea.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I don't see how not eating that stuff could make you feel nauseous, but I imagine that emotionally it is a very hard change to make. Dealing with that could certainly make all your systems feel upset.

This.

But it could also be other things -- if it was caffeinated soda, that's a lot of caffeine to cut out at once. Also, are you eating enough calories and a balanced diet? Have you cut out most of your carbs? Do you get enough sleep?
  • paulandrachelk
    paulandrachelk Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I had incredible headaches when I cut out coffee.
  • melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Try a big bowl of salad in place of the ice cream/chips. If you just use fresh veggies and fruit for the salad, you can eat in volume and it'll be low calorie.