Tubing? How many calories burned?

Options
Today, I spent about 5 hours tubing on a river, alternating between floating, pausing to check out the scenery on some rocks, and paddling vigorously to reconnect with my group, cross the river, or swim upstream to get to really good rapids... any idea how many calories this might burn?

Replies

• Dulany
    Dulany Posts: 5
    Options
    I come across times like this too! What I do is figure like this: 5 hours total, maybe 1 hr scattered on rocks, maybe 1.5 hrs floating (counting up all the little times where you weren't doing anything) then use the swimming leisurely/vigorously/moderately for the rest. So 2.5 hours, maybe 30 min vigorously, 1 hr moderate, 1 hr leisurely. I'm just guessing, but I hope you get the point! Enjoy~
  • cindyangotti
    cindyangotti Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Oh wow! I'm going on a 5 hour tubing trip next month. Were you by chance at Crystal River??
  • LadyNay191
    LadyNay191 Posts: 38
    Options
    I was on the Potomac in West Virginia.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I am planning a tubbing trip on the 4th of July as well but mine will be just outside of Pensacola, FL since we can't go to the beach.
  • jsparent5
    jsparent5 Posts: 5
    Options
    I've been searching the Internet because I'm going tubing later today and I can't find the answer anywhere! Did anyone else find an answer?
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    My $.02 - enjoy the day on the river and forget about logging it!
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    My $.02 - enjoy the day on the river and forget about logging it!

+ 1,000,000