Over 60 and need help getting with the program.

Options
Lpdartgirl
Lpdartgirl Posts: 3 Member
edited September 2015 in Introduce Yourself
High, I have been dieting all my life, but since I retired I seem to go out to ear more and not care about sticking with a weight loss program. I try and quit 3 times a week. But I have 50 lbs to loose and needtofor my health. Please some one help me get with it. Have any tips to get with it?

Replies

• Facha669
    Facha669 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Simply start eating healthy. Seriously. After I stop eating junk food and sugars my body did not crave them anymore. If today I was to go into a burger joint I would feel like crap for three days. I made small changes at the time to get use to it. Start shopping at a healthier store like Nature Grocers, Sprouts, Wholefoods. Eat healthy fats like nuts, avacado, olive oil, coconut oil, etc. Eat power greens like kale, spinach. I blend them with fruits and I don't taste them.
  • flossylips
    flossylips Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi I know how you feel with diets but you need to think of it more as healthy eating for you to have better health, blood pressure, cholesterol. That's what I do now. I am lucky because I enjoy active activities so maybe walking etc will help aswell good luck
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Start out with small changes so you don't get overwhelmed, log everything that goes in your mouth and walk! Add me as a friend if you will be logging and commenting. Mutual support is so important! Good Luck!
  • 60muffin
    60muffin Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi, I started out 4 days ago and it's a battle but I've found that logging everything and writing in my blog everyday is helpful, it seems to get my head straight. I've begun my journey because, like you, I'm early 60s and my weight (I've got 4 stone to lose) is affecting my health so we need to get with the program buddy. Good luck. Feel free to add me, would be pleased to share :-)