Exercise while injured...

Options
So, I have spina bifida, as well as charcot foot. Really long story short, I basically have bad balance and can only be on my feet a max of 4 hours a day, am unable to run, and can't do any really high impact activities or anything that compresses my spine too much.
I love swimming, and have done water aerobics in the past, but am having foot surgery July 3rd and will be on crutches for 6 weeks, and probably banned from a pool for another 2 to 4 after that, depending on how my incisions look.
However, I don't want to be completely down and out as far as exercising goes. Does anyone have any creative tips for things for me to try off of my feet so I don't spend 6 weeks doing crunches and nothing else?
And then once I am healed, any suggestions other then water aerobics for low impact activities?

Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Do not exercise. Focus on healing. If you are exercising, you are diverting your body's resources towards muscle repair when it should be focused on healing.
  • MissKnittyKitty90
    Options
    Yeah yeah, I know =[
    lol this is something I knew, but was hoping maybe there was some magical thing I could do ;)
    What about the second part? Any suggestions on low impact activities? To be more specific about my problem is my feet break easy, so it isn't a knee/joint type problem, it is a foot bone problem =]