MFP bumping up cal intake

Options
I'm a little confused..I noticed today that MFP has bumped my daily calorie intake up by about 100 calories. Does this happen periodically as you lose weight (MFP adjusting calories) or a little glitch? Thanks!

Replies

• socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Hi:
    Have you synced a tracking device to MFP ? Smartphone health app ? Fitbit ? . Most likely, the additional calories are the "activity report" from your synced device. If you do not wish to have them in your MFP daily calorie intake, un sync the device.
    Good luck in your healthy journey
  • hamelle2
    hamelle2 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Mine did that too this morning but it since has corrected itself. I gave it a really dirty look though.
  • ErinWard1986
    ErinWard1986 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hmm I haven't synced anything, just same old daily routine...maybe it's just s glitch and will correct itself.
  • MorganMoreaux
    MorganMoreaux Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Whe I synced my Fitbit to MFP it now gives me a daily calorie goal of 996 :neutral: , my original calorie goal in MFP was 1000 (I'm 38, 5'2, 120lbs). I didn't find a way to change it so just ignore it and log as normal. I have a feeling it's because when I set Fitbit up I entered that I wanted to lose weight, so Fitbit's suggestion for intake overrides MFP's. I only log in MFP, however, I find when the two sync later in the day based on my activity FitBit usually gives me many more calories to work with, but that doesn't port over to MFP. This is an everyday occurrence. If this happens daily for you I suspect it just the way the two applications are programmed to communicate with each other - and can probably be resolved by tweaking your goals in Fitbit. If it's a one off situation, it may be a bug and you may want to report it to both sites so maybe developers can locate and fix it lol.