What were your rewards for reaching mini goals?

Options
Hi
I'm just about to take my first step on my ever lasting weight loss journey.
My first mini goal us to lose 7lbs. Once reached I would to reward myself like a new top or something. What were your mini goal rewards?

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Ever lasting weight loss journey? Does it not stop some where? Are you just going to lose until you're a skeleton? Lol.

I didn't have one.
  • Samm471
    Samm471 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Ever lasting weight loss journey? Does it not stop some where? Are you just going to lose until you're a skeleton? Lol.

I didn't have one.

lmao!!!
  • vgnfarmer
    vgnfarmer Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Mani/pedi, new shirt or pants, special (tracked) dessert or meal. Good luck!
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    I only just managed to change my mindset of using food as rewards. Every time I hit a weight goal I'd go "yeah I got this weight loss thing woot check me out" and reach for the ice-cream or cake or whatever. Needless to say, up went the weight again. The last time I did that I stopped and went "WTF am I doing????" So instead, I have purchased a new gym t-shirt with a picture of Elsa on it flexing her guns saying "let it grow". It will take two weeks to arrive from the US. Until the. I will drop back to my mini goal of 62 kilos within that timeframe and stay there! I'm 200 grams away so yeah... From now on, clothes, massages, mani pedis...
  • Azuriaz
    Azuriaz Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    I only just managed to change my mindset of using food as rewards. Every time I hit a weight goal I'd go "yeah I got this weight loss thing woot check me out" and reach for the ice-cream or cake or whatever. Needless to say, up went the weight again. The last time I did that I stopped and went "WTF am I doing????" So instead, I have purchased a new gym t-shirt with a picture of Elsa on it flexing her guns saying "let it grow". It will take two weeks to arrive from the US. Until the. I will drop back to my mini goal of 62 kilos within that timeframe and stay there! I'm 200 grams away so yeah... From now on, clothes, massages, mani pedis...

Yep, that's definitely one way to make it a never ending weight loss journey. Done it so many times now I can't count.

There is however a Mongolian restaurant around here. Thinking next time I want to go all food reward, I'll go for a huge platter of meat. Cooked, though!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I personally never did the reward thing
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I suck at rewards. If I want something I'm going to buy it anyway. I have a fitbook though and it has a space for rewards so I try and think of them even though I think it is stupid. Maybe that's my issue and why I can't lose weight - I don't care enough about the reward (or know I'll buy it anyway if I really want it)! I usually do fitness stuff - funny socks, a new workout tank, a new color of handwraps for boxing, new headband, things like that.
  • JessicaB523
    JessicaB523 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Tattoos and some fitness related stuff (new bike, etc).
  • chulipa
    chulipa Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    I would like to buy things yo make my ford explorer look nice it a 1996 and It is new to me as of today and maybe something for my dog chulipa
  • plyadnov
    plyadnov Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My reward is health, feeling better today than I did a month ago, being able to run 10 minutes at a faster pace than before, looking in the mirror and seeing progress, this list goes on. I tend not to "reward" myself with food or things. Do this weight loss for yourself. The new you is the reward...satisfaction won't disappear like it would with a new piece of clothing or a plate of special food. Take it 1lb at a time.
  • VykkDraygoVPR
    VykkDraygoVPR Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Clothes! But my goal is always to be a size smaller, so it's not so much the reward, as the entire point. :)
  • KateTii
    KateTii Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    My reward was that I had lost the weight. I don't see the need to reward myself for hitting goals - but then again I didn't have much to lose in the beginning & motivation to keep going hasn't been an issue.
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    I bought some new clothes for the gym which made me feel good. Make up or a new nail polish. Little things to make me feel good.
  • cupcakesplz
    cupcakesplz Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I buy dresses that are one size too small.
    Sure I can't wear them out (being that they look too small on me)
    , but it becomes my next goal!rqwfml3i7o3p.jpg
    Another 5 more kg's should do it
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    For me, the weight loss is it's own reward. It sounds silly, but it's true. :)
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I never set any goal rewards.
  • Lynzdee18
    Lynzdee18 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I went shopping today as a treat. Found myself a most wondefully fitted pair of designer jeans that I paid way too much for. But my rear view looked so fine! It hasn't looked like that since I was in my 20's. B)
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    I have every-five-kilo rewards. Bought a sports jacket at my first five kgs. Lining up a haircut for my next one - fingers crossed it should be next weekend!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Personal satisfaction