maintain

Is 60 to 70g portein good to maintain muscle. I lost 130 pounds in 8 to 9 months just getting used of eating healthy stuff and trying bew things that are good for Nutrients

Replies

• mikehardin62
    mikehardin62 Posts: 122 Member
    Great Job Chris....on your weight loss...i lost 84lbs in 11months. I was told protein is good and needed for muscle mass...And so i would say to get yourself a fitness coach and do what they advise you to do cause they have been down that road....Good Luck...Keep up the good work man...
  • AsISmile
    AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
    Maintain muscle while at maintenance or while losing weight.

While losing weight you need more protein than that and do strength training to maintain muscle.
    If you are at maintenance 60 to 70 gram of protein is enough to fulfill your daily minimum requirements. You'll probably need more if you are very muscular.
  • chrisfuentes2005
    chrisfuentes2005 Posts: 295 Member
    AsISmile wrote: »
    Maintain muscle while at maintenance or while losing weight.

While losing weight you need more protein than that and do strength training to maintain muscle.
    If you are at maintenance 60 to 70 gram of protein is enough to fulfill your daily minimum requirements. You'll probably need more if you are very muscular.

To maintenance
  • Cchioles
    Cchioles Posts: 276 Member
    Is 60 to 70g portein good to maintain muscle. I lost 130 pounds in 8 to 9 months just getting used of eating healthy stuff and trying bew things that are good for Nutrients

Are You Weight Training? 1g Per Lb Of Body Weight Is A Good Place To Start.
  • chrisfuentes2005
    chrisfuentes2005 Posts: 295 Member
    No i can't do as much due to medical problem
  • steph2strong
    steph2strong Posts: 426 Member
    The general recommendation is 1 gm of protein per kilogram of body weight. That being said I eat a considerable amount more (I average about 190 gm per day), not because I'm purposefully trying to, just the way my food choices are. Didn't even realize I ate so much protein until I started logging.
  • BettyBoles
    BettyBoles Posts: 68 Member
    If you are not weight training and only want to maintain your muscle with daily workouts 60-70gm protein is enough.. Great you lost 130 pounds in 8 to 9 months by just healthy eating, diet has a major role in weight control...