Every damn day!!

Options
GETU1N
GETU1N Posts: 1,811 Member
Rather it's one push up sit up or pull up taking a walk or even eating something healthy!!! I feel we should do something EVERY DAMN DAY. So what do you think every damn day or naw?

Replies

• Bxqtie116
    Bxqtie116 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I agree. This is a lifelong change that we must do to live a healthier life. For me, even on my "off" days I still feel like I need to do something. I don't feel right if I don't.
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    One day of not taking care of me, leads to another and then another.. before long, it's weeks or even months. That's why I have my goal of 30 minutes of activity, no matter what. Even if it's 30 minutes of stretching or yoga, it still counts.

So yeah, every damn day. ;)
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    Yep, that's where yoga or other stretching can come in especially handy, and it aids recovery, too.

I have blood sugar problems, so I also do something involving movement (at least like walking) after my big meal or any sweets each day, too, for maybe 15 minutes. That helps a whole lot in my glucose numbers, and it's not hard at all. I was surprised to see how short it could be and work!
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    Depends on what one does. I'm a distance runner and sometimes need an honest to goodness day off... but a day off doesn't have to mean humping the couch all day long. I still get in a couple of good walks otherwise my dog would not be pleased with me at all. Walking doesn't get in the way of rest and recovery.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,989 Member
    Options
    I've exercised every day for the past 80+ days ...
  • DeterminedFee201426
    Options
    (exercise)yap everyday even if it means walking around your kitchen table for 5 minutes lol
    (Eat healthy) 5 grapes
    .. is something right :P
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Nope, too regimented.

Some days it's a good book, a bottle of wine, and chocolate, while I watch the rain pour down.

Almost every day, OK.

Cheers, h.

ETA: I'm just not a person that does absolutes.
  • GETU1N
    Options
    lol just make sure it's dark chocolate!!!
  • GETU1N
    Options
    mwyvr wrote: »
    Depends on what one does. I'm a distance runner and sometimes need an honest to goodness day off... but a day off doesn't have to mean humping the couch all day long. I still get in a couple of good walks otherwise my dog would not be pleased with me at all. Walking doesn't get in the way of rest and recovery.
    Lol put on before the and after humping and it sounds like a work out to me!!
  • GETU1N
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Great job!! You are the man! Up top✋
  • duna_pruna
    duna_pruna Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Yes. Every day. Don't always want to but have to
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    If I could figure a way to squeeze it all into one day a week, I probably would!
  • GETU1N
    Options
    duna_pruna wrote: »
    Yes. Every day. Don't always want to but have to

Freaggin get it!!!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,989 Member
    Options
    GETU1N wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Great job!! You are the man! Up top✋

Actually ... I'm the woman. :)

• kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I don't know that you have to, but I choose to. You can count the number of days on one hand that I haven't been to a gym or run outside in the last year.
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    No. If you stay on plan for six days a week, the one day off isn't going to undermine the goal. The physical and mental rest may even help.
  • GillianLF
    GillianLF Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I agree.

I dont exercise every single day but I never have a day where I dont move. I always get off the bus a stop early to have an extra walk. When I'm brushing my teeth at night now I hold a squat position and lock my core. When I'm cooking I do side steps. So I guess I do "exercise" every day but I want MOVING to be a way of life. It will increase my metabolism so I have the energy to do more exercise.

As for food, I love food and dont want to be limited by rules I want to break. So I try to drink at least 2 litres of water a day and I ensure I have some fruit / vegetables every day.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    I at least walk on my off days to keep my joints happy. It's more about a medical issue and self-care. I will stroll sometimes on those days instead of going all out, but I do need to keep my body moving for my health. That's a necessity in my life.

As for food? I happen to be one of those people who actually likes food that's good for you. I love things like vegetables, cottage cheese, and yogurt. Don't get me wrong -- I like cookies and ice cream too. But the bulk of what I want to eat on the regular is the "healthy" stuff.
  • GETU1N
    Options
    I at least walk on my off days to keep my joints happy. It's more about a medical issue and self-care. I will stroll sometimes on those days instead of going all out, but I do need to keep my body moving for my health. That's a necessity in my life.

As for food? I happen to be one of those people who actually likes food that's good for you. I love things like vegetables, cottage cheese, and yogurt. Don't get me wrong -- I like cookies and ice cream too. But the bulk of what I want to eat on the regular is the "healthy" stuff.

• GETU1N
    Options
    Keep it up