Eating all my calories

Options
Well it is after 9pm here and i have only ate about 900 of my 1800 calories. I am not hungry, but I am doing my first weigh in on monday and I don't want my body to go into starvation mode or something right before I weight in. Should I just stay at 800 or try to go ahead and give my body atleast 1500 calories for the day? Thanks for any advice.

Replies

• Mirlyn
    Mirlyn Posts: 256
    Options
    It takes longer than 1 time of under eating for your body to go into starvation mode.
  • shmilla
    shmilla Posts: 19
    Options
    I'm totally not a medical professional, but I don't think your body will go into starvation mode after just one day. However, I'd try to get your calories to at least 1300. Easy: protein shake with banana, skim milk and 1 T of peanut butter and a slice of whole wheat toast. It's like breakfast for dinner. Good luck on your weigh in! I have my first weigh in on Monday as well. With pictures and a tape measure. Boo to that.
  • gaaarp
    gaaarp Posts: 2
    Options
    You don't want to go under your calories by half everyday. That's what will send your body into starvation mode. But one day won't cause that to happen.

It's also not good to load up on calories late at night. If I were you, I'd have a healthy, moderate calorie snack and call it a night. Or if you're not hungry at all, just go to bed.

Make sure you're taking a multi-vitamin every day, too.
  • xarrium
    xarrium Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I'd say just leave it for now (if you're not hungry, don't force yourself to eat, because part of losing weight is training yourself to eat only when you're hungry), and have a heavier day tomorrow--load up on some healthy calories like peanut butter or cheese and some high-fiber carbs to replenish any calories you haven't eaten today.

Good luck tomorrow!