Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Feeling full on low calorie diet?

It's been just over a week now since I started dieting and my current calorie limit is 1500. I've lost weight before so I'm used to counting calories and using mfp.

The thing is this is the lowest calorie limit I've been on and I feel completely full everyday. I still make sure to eat all my calories but I'm full before I hit it.

I've started worrying that I'm missing something but I'm not. Evey calorie is counted

Is it normal to feel so full so early?

Replies

• Protranser
    Protranser Posts: 517 Member
    If you're now mostly eating high volume low calorie (plants, fruit, lean meats) it's totally understandable. Good on you! :-)
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    It's ok.
  • Losinandmovin
    Losinandmovin Posts: 188 Member
    If it's doable, run with it!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    If it is a problem add some foods with fat: nuts, cheese, . . .
  • dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    All the power to you. Good luck.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Be grateful. After a couple weeks your hunger might come back. You'll remember this period so fondly...
  • MarcyKirkton
    MarcyKirkton Posts: 507 Member
    I feel satisfied when I increase my vegetables in a meal. The fiber helps a lot. So does making sure I hit my protein goals. I have the most trouble with hunger when my carbs are too high. Sugar is off the table. I get it all in my morning breakfast routine.......greek yogurt with fruit and half cup of my favorite cereal. Having said all this, I've just had some really hungry days and then, thankfully, some days not so hungry at all.
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    I'm usually full before finishing too. Between all the protein and fiber from my fruits and veggies I can honestly say I'm not going hungry while losing weight!

Funny how when I was primarily eating carbs and processed foods I never got the feeling of being full.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Better to feel full than deprived! Good job! :)
  • emhunter
    emhunter Posts: 1,212 Member
    Yup! I can get full very quickly. Don't force yourself to eat either.
  • FrankWhite27330
    FrankWhite27330 Posts: 316 Member
    Agree in the beginning I too was full quickly and ate less then 1500 calories. Not now.....
  • Werk2Eat
    Werk2Eat Posts: 114 Member
    If your full before hitting your daily calorie goal, save them for another day in that week when you have a bigger appetite. I save alot of calories for weekends when theres fights or football games on. I save thousands of calories for holidays like thanksgiving. I love going backl for seconds or third while watching the games and not have to worry about going over my weekly limit. Plus, its a wonderful thing when you are so full your falling asleep during the game from all that turkey. Brings back childhood memories.
  • caroleturn
    caroleturn Posts: 3 Member
    Hey ppars23. I started a 1500 cal diet on August 15th and I have to say I was kinda shocked how full I was that first week. It was like I just ate and then it was time for a snack already lol. Anyway today starts my 7th week & I've lost 17 lbs so far. I don't have that overly full feeling anymore since my body has gotten used to eating this way. It just takes a little time to adjust. Good luck!! :)
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,053 Member
    Protranser wrote: »
    If you're now mostly eating high volume low calorie (plants, fruit, lean meats) it's totally understandable. Good on you! :-)

Ya, this is how my mom eats. She eats a LOT and is just above underweight.

• emhunter
    emhunter Posts: 1,212 Member
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Protranser wrote: »

Ya, this is how my mom eats. She eats a LOT and is just above underweight.

Yes!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    So long as you're getting the nutrients your body needs, don't worry about it. Ride that train as long as it lasts.