INTERMITTENT FASTING?

Options
2»

Replies

• jameskirk9235
    jameskirk9235 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Has anyone ever tried this?

I have followed an intermittent fasting diet over the past two years. It has been extremely effective for me, both in physical transformation and mental wellbeing. If you want me to go into more detail, get in touch. It's really easy to be honest and the hunger you'll experience is by no means a hardship. I've shredded fat but maintained or even increased muscle. Can't recommend trying in enough!
  • bclarke1990
    bclarke1990 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Helped me out a lot. I stopped thinking about my meals and food all the time and just had a big feast every day after my cardio @ 3~pm then got some veggies/chicken in around 7-8, repeat.
  • hapa11
    hapa11 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Yes, skipping breakfast is not too hard for me. Eating between noon and 6 allows me to have a full meal at 3 or 4, when I used to blow it. It has made all the difference.
  • jld1975
    jld1975 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I did 18:6 about 6 weeks. I had some weird hormone fluctuations and ended up gaining 10lbs. I didn't log anything (which was what drew me to the plan) but the real issue was that I had trouble stopping eating during the window. I would break the fast with a filling, healthy, high fat and moderate protein meal, and then not stop eating until bed and sometimes I would feel hungry in bed, with a really gnawing hunger. So, back to calorie counting. It took me a month to lose the 10lbs (I think some of it was water/cortisol related) by calorie counting again. It works for some people and is worth a try, but didn't work for me.