Hogwarts Weight Loss Challenge

Options

Replies

• freesiasun5
    freesiasun5 Posts: 3,122 Member
    Options
    Caketina wrote: »
    Will we get an owl if we are on the waiting list? The anticipation is killing me

Yes, all applicants will hear one way or the other. It might take several days though.
  • MrsSgtBerger
    MrsSgtBerger Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Dreams do come true! Crossing my fingers that gryffindor is the house for me!
  • shenanigansmo
    shenanigansmo Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Yes! Can't wait! I hope I get an owl! Anyone else in the Philadelphia area running the Firebolt 5k on October 17th at the Harry Potter festival in Chestnut Hill?
  • ATMay22
    ATMay22 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    So, I got wait listed. Which is the saddest thing in the world. Just wondering- will I be told whether or not I make it?
  • freesiasun5
    Options
    ATMay22 wrote: »
    So, I got wait listed. Which is the saddest thing in the world. Just wondering- will I be told whether or not I make it?

As spots open up throughout the challenge (people drop out, etc) we go through the waitlist in order. Spots do open up, don't despair!

However, if you don't make it in this term, you'll be notified when enrollment starts for next term before the general public.
  • voldemortisreal
    voldemortisreal Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Really bummed... was waitlisted.

Is there roll-over enrollment for previous house members (means fewer spots for the incoming/applying hopefuls)? :(
  • KelseyRae5
    KelseyRae5 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I am so disappointed! I was waitlisted. Hoping I can get in soon?
    It seems with all the interest in such an awesome group challenge, maybe each house could get bigger. If there were more people willing to lead each house? More head girls and guys...
    I understand it is a huge amount of work to run the group. Just something to consider. I really feel I could be successful with my weight loss goals if I had a challenge like this to participate in.
    Thanks!
  • freesiasun5
    Options
    KelseyRae5 wrote: »
    It seems with all the interest in such an awesome group challenge, maybe each house could get bigger. If there were more people willing to lead each house? More head girls and guys...
    I understand it is a huge amount of work to run the group. Just something to consider. I really feel I could be successful with my weight loss goals if I had a challenge like this to participate in.
    Thanks!

We actually increased house size last term, due to the response, but we are at a number we feel is manageable and don't currently plan to increase again. As you can understand, we all do this voluntarily while holding down pesky muggle jobs as well.

However, don't despair! Waitlisters do get called up to the big leagues! Stay patient!
  • KelseyRae5
    KelseyRae5 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    KelseyRae5 wrote: »
    Thanks!

We actually increased house size last term, due to the response, but we are at a number we feel is manageable and don't currently plan to increase again. As you can understand, we all do this voluntarily while holding down pesky muggle jobs as well.

However, don't despair! Waitlisters do get called up to the big leagues! Stay patient!

Thanks for your response. I will try to stay patient. I am just so excited for some wizardly weight loss. :)
  • minizebu
    minizebu Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Bummer! I am also on the waitlist. Good luck to every one still waiting for word one way or the other. And to everyone who received a position this term, have lots of fun!
  • unigirl143
    unigirl143 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I am so excited. This will be my first term. I cant wait for my owl.
  • Cheddars13
    Cheddars13 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    This is fantastic!! Hufflepuff all the way!
  • soniakd1
    soniakd1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Also on waiting list
  • litaita
    litaita Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Fingers crossed for the Hufflepuff house. Looking at the other responses - the houses may be mostly filled, but this is an awesome set up for a challenge!
  • rabe99199
    rabe99199 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    wait listed :( by time i can even get into hogwarts i wont have any weight left to lose
  • ZeXea
    ZeXea Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    What if we hit our weight loss goal during the challenge? Should we keep going for this or are we dropped or something?
  • freesiasun5
    Options
    ZBennyXOXO wrote: »
    What if we hit our weight loss goal during the challenge? Should we keep going for this or are we dropped or something?

We allow for maintenance and even weight gainers. You can switch from losing to maintaining at any point.
  • allnamesrtaken
    allnamesrtaken Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Application sent! Pick me pick me!
  • mrron2u
    mrron2u Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    THIS IS AWESOME!! I sent in my application!
  • rune1990
    rune1990 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    OMG. This and the rpg workout? Heaven!