Looking for support & motivation help

Options
I've gained 30+ pounds since getting married in 2009. My job consists of a lot of computer work, so it's really hard to get to the gym. My husband has a very physically demanding job so when he gets home he's worn out, so it's hard to get our exercise schedule in sync. I'm 5'0 and 190 pounds. It's very hard for me to believe this is my weight when I used to be 135 and in great shape. I need a little help. Anyone want to be a motivation partner who is willing to kick my butt when I don't work out? :)

Replies

• ellepribro
    ellepribro Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I can kick your butt for not working out if you'll do the same for me. I try to motivate all of my friends. I'm usually pretty good to motivate myself too, but sometimes I talk myself out of my workouts and that needs to stop happening. Feel free to add me. :smile:
  • SammyCardsFan
    SammyCardsFan Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Same here!
  • ionamorgana
    ionamorgana Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I can too!! Feel free to add me. I need some butt kicking as well. ;)
  • defyyourlimitations
    Options
    I will kick your butt and you can feel free to kick mine! I will be logging everything beginning Monday. I know how you feel. Can't believe I was ever over 250 lbs!
  • sarahhogger
    sarahhogger Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Same here! Add me if you like and I will support you :) I know, it is difficult with demanding jobs but just sparing 10/20 minutes of an evening can make a big difference. I have been using youtube and doing the 10 minute kickboxing workouts that are on there when I get home from work. However, I do need some motivation some days too, I feel sometimes that I am trying really hard and it isn't paying off - got to stick at it though.
  • vasp65
    vasp65 Posts: 11
    Options
    It’s important to love working out, many people don’t and so need motivation. I think those people should look for an activity they like to do, no matter what, and then do it regularly, any kind of activity will burn more calories than doing nothing, and will help you to stay fit the long run, never forget the most important Diet.
  • GrandMaKandy
    GrandMaKandy Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Hi I too have to loose around 30+ lbs. Can't afford the gym myself, and also spend a lot of time at the computer. I have been adding in extra walking by either walking round the block even if its only 10 mins at lunch and in the evenings. Got a pedometer to motivate and encourage me to challenge myself to do a but more each day.

Feel free to add me.... and good luck on your journey.